Well... OK I created a set of 10 perfect images (according to SS smart bot)
Those ten images brought me 25 cents in revenue (in three years online at least). Why is it so sad? Because millions of trash images are uploaded every day (blablabla)

667284025_2021-03-13CatalogManagerShutterstock.thumb.png.5a71602e8bb85bf023d5991fdb7dce82.png

But today everything has change with unique marketing tool to sell better quality.

I believe in progress and after six months I will comeback here to get the first dollar from this ten.

Everyone can do the same and see

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking at all your images from the earlier post (18 hours ago) and this one, I'm coming to the conclusion that anything 'sticking up' from the ground or 'sticking out' or that has to do with s*x gets

@Thijs de Graaf  Yes, what @Fixazh has posted above, with the ratings of the same photos in different countries, highlights that you in the Netherlands are penalised as we in the UK are.  We may

I think this is all a brilliant ruse to get us talking about the ratings instead of the sales. Who needs money when you can get free dopamine hits!

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, igor.kramar.shots said:

It does not affect the search in any way yet, perhaps on the contrary, the worse the number, the higher in the search. :) I only added this image 2 days ago and it is very high in search, always on the first page (AS, IS and SS). : D

image.png.9ab04b18f8dca32f6b4d83142bbea6ef.png

Interesting.  Even more true here:

image.thumb.png.fcb5ddcf4a4fec0f1867ac6c9aa1e939.png

2 hours ago, igor.kramar.shots said:

It does not affect the search in any way yet, perhaps on the contrary, the worse the number, the higher in the search. :) I only added this image 2 days ago and it is very high in search, always on the first page (AS, IS and SS). : D

image.png.9ab04b18f8dca32f6b4d83142bbea6ef.png

Awesome image, would definitely put it as desktop background.

9 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Still can't see that predicate on any of my pics! I would like to see it on my 4K+ seller! 😄

I just checked first three rows of your "top images" and I only found one with a rating - the  Irises have a 8/10.

I noticed that out of my newest images submitted just a little while ago the landscapes have ratings, the birds do not.

15 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

I thought this was a great idea and started trawling my port for 10/10.

Sadly, because I started with a -1 handicap I haven't found any yet.  I may have to start a 9/10 folder (that would be 10/10 elsewhere)...

At Ataturk airport this one looks impressive

st1.jpg.4950d9cf6261c4687c401134156861b5.jpg

In Russia 9/10 😉

10 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

I just checked first three rows of your "top images" and I only found one with a rating - the  Irises have a 8/10.

I noticed that out of my newest images submitted just a little while ago the landscapes have ratings, the birds do not.

Thanks Sari. The irises are from the very last mini-upload I did in May 2020. I think they've sold twice soon after uploading and never again. Maybe the robotic vacuum cleaner (or is that rather a robot lawn-mower?) starting at the most recent files and working backwards towards 2012 my starting date?!

2 hours ago, Fixazh said:

At Ataturk airport this one looks impressive

st1.jpg.4950d9cf6261c4687c401134156861b5.jpg

In Russia 9/10 😉

Looking at all your images from the earlier post (18 hours ago) and this one, I'm coming to the conclusion that anything 'sticking up' from the ground or 'sticking out' or that has to do with s*x gets the robots attention and gets 10/10. Possibly programmed by an alpha male. 🤣

29 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Looking at all your images from the earlier post (18 hours ago) and this one, I'm coming to the conclusion that anything 'sticking up' from the ground or 'sticking out' or that has to do with s*x gets the robots attention and gets 10/10. Possibly programmed by an alpha male. 🤣

It's funny, but I also got a lot of sticking out things 10/10 (it shows for me). And not only from the earth.

For example - icicles

stock-photo-snow-and-ice-icicles-on-the-

@Thijs de Graaf  Yes, what @Fixazh has posted above, with the ratings of the same photos in different countries, highlights that you in the Netherlands are penalised as we in the UK are. 

We may have to go to group therapy to overcome the trauma of having a Sstock robot quality point stolen from us.

We may end up with SRQPMTD (Sstock robot quality point missing traumatic disorder).

Tragic.

31 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

@Thijs de Graaf  Yes, what @Fixazh has posted above, with the ratings of the same photos in different countries, highlights that you in the Netherlands are penalised as we in the UK are. 

We may have to go to group therapy to overcome the trauma of having a Sstock robot quality point stolen from us.

We may end up with SRQPMD (Sstock robot quality point missing disorder).

Tragic.

Yes it is quite traumatic. I feel discriminated!
Fortunately, I am not a customer, who of course goes for ten. I couldn't buy anything.

27 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

I think this is all a brilliant ruse to get us talking about the ratings instead of the sales. Who needs money when you can get free dopamine hits!

Ranking is a sales tool. User experience rating is successfully applied on many trading platforms.

42 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

12 minutes ago, Fixazh said:

Ranking is a sales tool. User experience rating is successfully applied on many trading platforms.

These are not user experiences !.
This is Al, which gives a grade. And that also differs one point depending on which computer you are watching. No idea how that is possible.
No I go for the idea of Balajisrinivasan. In their Shutterstock office, they are laughing at it because we fell for it.

2 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

We may end up with SRQPMTD (Sstock robot quality point missing traumatic disorder).

Tragic.

I think there are two robots here. the first bot rates quality. The second bot lowers or raises (which is not obvious) this rating depending on the profile of the target audience (which is good for Russians and Americans, not so good for the English and Dutch. And Germans and Canadians better not look at this)

😐