The Future of Contributor Forum Conversations

Contributor 1: I’ve got 8 likes so far this month

Contributor 2: I’ve had 5 likes, down from 12 likes at this time last month, down 25 likes from this time last year

Contributor 3: Bummer, I’ve only had 2 likes, heading for my WME at this rate

Contributor 2: Likes have been trending down for months

Contributor 3: I’m gonna unlisense my portfolio if this continues!

Contributor 2: Looks like gone are the days of digital smiley stamps and gold stars

Contributor 3: Haven’t had a smiley stamp or gold star in months!

Contributor 4: Shutterstock should make a silver and bronze star for us average contributors

Contributor 2: Agree. I heard Stan the Stock-Contributor-Man made a $1.25 sale the other day

Contributor 1: Whoah! That’s half the minimum monthly payout in a single download!?

Contributor 2: I know, it takes me 3 months on average to make the minimum $2.50 payout

Contributor 4: I call BS on this, I’ve not heard anyone making a $1.25 sale, even pro micro-stockers don’t make more than a dollar!

Contributor 2: I’d be ecstatic to get a gold star!     

Contributor 3: I’d be content to get 10 likes a month, or every other month at least

Contributor 4: C’mon guys, stay positive, go shoot some more pics and video! What you waiting for?!

Contributor 1: Don’t expect a gold star unless your pics and footages are super high-quality with ultra-sharp focus and no noise whatsoever

Contributor 5: I’ll show yas how to get not one, not two but three gold stars! I’m gonna upload 10 thousands images by this time next year! Upload! Upload! Upload!

Contributor 1: Bring home the gold bro!

Can we join in?  Yes!  Thanks.

Contributor 6: I've unlicensed my portfolio

Contributor 6: You should unlicense your portfolio

Contributor 6: JO and SP have made a lot of money off our backs

Contributor 6: You keep arguing with me so I'm putting you onto ignore

Contributor 7: I've got a photo of a large cat on my trailcam

Contributor 8: I've only got a photo of a fox on mine

Contributor 8: I'm only getting 6/10 for my photos

Contributor 7: I get 10/10 for my photos

Contributor 8: I've only had 2 dime sales this month

Contributor 9: I've had 40 but that only gave me $4

Contributor 8: $4 is a lot of money. You can buy a lot of chocolate with that.

Contributor 8: Did contributor 5 really upload 10K photos in a year?  Is he rich now?

Contributor 6: I've unlicensed my portfolio

Contributor 6: You should unlicense your portfolio

Contributor 6: JO and SP have made a lot of money off our backs

Contributor 6: You keep arguing with me so I'm putting you onto ignore

6 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Yes please, join in on this important ground-breaking conversation.

And remember to give Steven lots of likes? 😁 We don't get paid for them, but they make us feel good inside.

Contributor 13: Oh, cashing in is easy! First, you need to collect 10000 gold stars. Once you have achieved that, you can pick ONE image from your portfolio and submit it for approval for sales. The images in your portfolio already went through the normal review, but they stay dormant until you get enough gold stars, and then you can pick one  to be added to the SALES portfolio. So now you wait for buyers to find it. Easy peasy. Just wait for your money to start rolling in!

23 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Contributor 13: Oh, cashing in is easy! First, you need to collect 10000 gold stars. Once you have achieved that, you can pick ONE image from your portfolio and submit it for approval for sales. The images in your portfolio already went through the normal review, but they stay dormant until you get enough gold stars, and then you can pick one  to be added to the SALES portfolio. So now you wait for buyers to find it. Easy peasy. Just wait for your money to start rolling in!

Much better if they have a natural authentic style? 😇