Hi, I am trying to upload some clips taken with my iPhone 8 Plus, a JDI OM4 gimbal, JDI Mimo app (hyper lapse video) Filmic Pro. In post I use iMovie for a little stabilization, trimming, extract audio and export.

I am planning to upgrade my phone to iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro, but if these problems still exists then that is not a good option.

I have a hard time to get those footage accepted. With still images I can estimate if those should be accepted and can repair some problems in post, but with video footage I can't estimate it yet.

I have the clips uploaded with this message.

Can you point me some directions where I go wrong?

In Filmic Pro I use Apple standard (extreme filmic is unusable while editing, due hiccups in playback in iMovie). I use manual exposure and exposure locking. Shutterspeed is different per video, I cannot recall the shutterspeed and this information is not available anymore in the EXIF info. It should be pretty high (1/800 - 1/2000 range), because of the daytime and no ND filter. Bitrate is 8-bit.

What is a common simple workflow to edit video files from my iPhone to Shutterstock?

17 hours ago, Robin Bouwmeester said:

In Filmic Pro I use Apple standard (extreme filmic is unusable while editing, due hiccups in playback in iMovie). I use manual exposure and exposure locking. Shutterspeed is different per video, I cannot recall the shutterspeed and this information is not available anymore in the EXIF info. It should be pretty high (1/800 - 1/2000 range), because of the daytime and no ND filter. Bitrate is 8-bit.

What is a common simple workflow to edit video files from my iPhone to Shutterstock?

I recommend you to use extreme filmic cause the tiny sensor the iphone has. If you get troubles with playback use proxy files, i use premiere pro and do proxy files to edit smoothest. Also, you can use Neatvideo to clean you noise problems. 

In my opinion and also my experiecne, you shoud avoid dark area and somwwhere that have too much details. such as a shadow from hard light. high contract of blue sky and object. an object that have dark color such as dark brown or black color. My gear is Canon 7D, even though setup with studio light and use ISO100 + high speed or low speed, if there have a little bit dark spot, they will always reject. sometime they make me think, it time to change a camera.

In your clip. if you see at sky or blue color, you will see a noise.

An accpet video is should be clean background with enought light. no dark spot no shadow and shouldn't too bright.

• 1 month later...