18 hours ago, Awana JF said:

Love that 🤣

Yes, it's partly because that's as good as the answer to most everything here as well. We want answers, none are usually provided. Sometimes the answer isn't useful even when we get one. 🤪

This display of Predicted Quality actually is an answer, which just creates more questions. Or at the vary least an answer to a question that no one asked?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. What would AI possibly know about the commercial value of an image?  I don't shoot "pretty". I shoot "useful". I don't see any ratings on my stuff yet, but I guarantee my bestsellers will not s

Next to the ranking is a question mark and when you hover of it you are given an explanation which states:  "This score is an AI-based prediction of a rating a group of people would give this image fo

If I were a  Yorkshire terrier I'd run to Wales (that might take me a long time with my little legs) and bite your ankle really hard with my little mouth and hope that my little teeth sink in a long w

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

If i was the AI those rat dogs would get 0/10 !

Hate the things!

If I were a  Yorkshire terrier I'd run to Wales (that might take me a long time with my little legs) and bite your ankle really hard with my little mouth and hope that my little teeth sink in a long way!

On 3/6/2021 at 11:09 AM, Whiteaster said:

This can harm our image a big deal.

Even if there were an explanation, the power of the suggestion of a low quality (say) 6/10 is so powerful that the buyer would search for another image immediately.

Agree. What would AI possibly know about the commercial value of an image?  I don't shoot "pretty". I shoot "useful". I don't see any ratings on my stuff yet, but I guarantee my bestsellers will not score high at all. And I don't need AI scaring off potential buyers. What bullshit.

And even with landscapes, flowers and such - does any buyer need the opinion of a robot to decide whether they like an image?

I've spent time going through some of the worst of the worst posted by the "one wont my image sell" threads on this forum.

Even those randomly have anything from 6/10 to 10/10.

Whatever its meant to be ranking, its not technical merit, its not sales, its not popularity, its not visual appeal. 

Has anyone found an image under a 6 yet?  Ive failed.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, Sari ONeal said:

I have a cat vomit pic for 9/10. Yay...

I'm sure AI strictly looks at composition, colors, contract and overall balance in an image.

Im tempted to knock up some hideously altered photoshop images dragging saturation to max, contrast etc and uploading variants to see their score.

They'll never sell but who cares.

Maybe i can make a 6/10 photo into a 10/10 by just dragging all the sliders to the right.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I have just joint this forum 

The so called quality rating has nothing to do with the actual quality of fotos like sharpness, exposure etc.. 

My question to shutter was answered as followed: "The predicted quality rating is ai based and it is based on the composition and colors and other factors used in the image compared to other images are popular."

So if most customers search and buy bananas against white background, these images will be rated better. Bananas with a red background are then rated worse.

Who should benefit from this. i don't know 🤔