5 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Thanks, I guess this will just be amusement for now. I have no reason to believe that buyers should care what that rating says. Just waiting to see mine and find one that's not a 7,8,9,10 (if I have a ten) 😁

There aren't many photos rated when I look at your photos Pete. Haven't found a ten yet.😉

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. What would AI possibly know about the commercial value of an image?  I don't shoot "pretty". I shoot "useful". I don't see any ratings on my stuff yet, but I guarantee my bestsellers will not s

If I were a  Yorkshire terrier I'd run to Wales (that might take me a long time with my little legs) and bite your ankle really hard with my little mouth and hope that my little teeth sink in a long w

Posted Images

Just now, Thijs de Graaf said:

There aren't many photos rated when I look at your photos Pete. Haven't found a ten yet.😉

Oh no, I'm devastated, a stupid computer Bot hasn't given me a ten. The shame, oh the humanity of it all... how can I show my face on a Microstock forum if I can't get a ten out of ten. I'll just turn to Gin and Whiskey over this tragic disappointment. (where's that sarcastic emoticon anyway?)

pete-face-groucho-300.jpg

close enough

Welcome To...

microstock-zone.jpg

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

I'm on Windows 10 on my PC and looking via Edge.  This one of yours is 7/10:

Tropical 'Epipremnum Aureum Marble Queen' pothos house plant with white variegation in natural basket flower pot on table

But this one is 9 😁

Neglected dying house plant in white flower pot on pink background

Your port is an interesting one for comparisons as all your house plants seem to have different ratings, from 6 to 9, without any obvious difference in quality.

Your dogs (as with my dolls) don't seem to have ratings.

😞

So, according to the AI people would find an almost dead plant more "visual appealing" than a healthy one? 🥴
What about this one? It's even more dead. Is it a 10/10? 🤣
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/neglected-dying-house-plant-hanging-dry-1850351482

That is really a curious / important / scary feature...

So far I find it on very few pictures, and most of them would be with someone. 

They go from 7 to 10/10. Curiously I think the quality of some 9/10 is not great that great:

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-photo/beautiful-view-village-sainterosedunord-saguenay-fjord-1560160493

It was taken with a compact camera in low light conditions in jpeg with lot of editing after...

Same issue with this one which gave me more downloads (8/10):

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-photo/contemplative-woman-sitting-shore-front-beautiful-1574463952

I've got a couple of other images shot in raw with better settings and light that have actually a similar or lower rating:

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-photo/beautiful-blue-sky-cirrus-clouds-1931180228

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-photo/young-woman-holding-canadian-flag-on-1763513138

Thanksfully my favorite model got a 10/10!

https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-photo/young-woman-holding-sharp-icicle-front-1922177333

It feels like going back to school again and being afraid of getting a bad mark... I feel like even 7 is already quite bad (I mean that's already 3 points bellow the max...

3 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

Can I join you? 😅

Absolutely. I don't mean that Gin and Whiskey is a drink. More like one or the other. 🙂

This is the starter set... stock photos paid for much of this. One bottle at a time. I drink it one wee glass on any day, then move on to something else. Fine sport.

ardbeg-jan-2020.jpg

I finished the Alligator which is a favorite, but I have another.

6 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Absolutely. I don't mean that Gin and Whiskey is a drink. More like one or the other. 🙂

This is the starter set... stock photos paid for much of this. One bottle at a time. I drink it one wee glass on any day, then move on to something else. Fine sport.

ardbeg-jan-2020.jpg

I give you a 10/10 as predicted quality for this 😍

(It is even suggested on the bottom right one)

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

ardbeg-jan-2020.jpg

If you like a peaty taste then Ardbeg is very good. I personally prefer a Speyside or a Highland single malt. Costco do a Kirkland branded Speyside single malt which is remarkably good (it is supplied by Alexander Murray).

Costco also do a very good XO Cognac (produced by Peyrat) if you like that sort of thing.

My whisky collection:

image.thumb.png.b11f593f1d01fea937791cc089224eef.png 

I've got quite a few environmental type images.

Obviously visual appeal of these should be low.

But i've just found a picture of mine of a leaking sewage outlet.  A literal photo of sh*t has been ranked 9/10 for visual appeal.

6 hours ago, Awana JF said:

That is really a curious / important / scary feature...

So far I find it on very few pictures, and most of them would be with someone. 

They go from 7 to 10/10. Curiously I think the quality of some 9/10 is not great that great:

I can see from my pictures:
1. there is no connection with sales, since those pictures that were sold have a 7/10 rating, and those that have 10/10 were not sold at all.

2. The number of megapixels, equipment and lighting have little effect on the rating.
For example, I have footage shot on gfx 50 with a size of 8256. There, in my opinion, a unique natural moment, two rocky ridges and one natural created by clouds. However, this photo has a rating of 8/10

mountains

stock-photo-panorama-of-mountains-near-t

And many photos that I took with an old amateur camera (whose lens cannot be removed and had a lot of damage when I just started shooting 2 years ago) with a small number of megapixels have 10/10. example, resolution 3456 by 2592:

flower

stock-photo-beautiful-rich-flower-for-ba

I have a new prediction: 

I predict that despite 10 pictures refused yesterday for the same stupid reason (focus/noise), they will be accepted today and will receive a predicted quality of 8 or more 😄

Obviously the AI doing the quality prediction is not the same that the one doing the acceptance. In a near future, those two AI might start a war, possibly leading to the end of the world 😱

23 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Official forum support is conspicuously absent from this forum telling us what this new "exciting" feature means...

Means? This is supposed to be meaningful? It's AI!  Stop trying to figure out some deep meaning to Bots analysis. Even if there was human ranking on Potential, there would be differences of opinion. Bots only see what the humans have told them to see...

43 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

I have a new prediction: 

I predict that despite 10 pictures refused yesterday for the same stupid reason (focus/noise), they will be accepted today and will receive a predicted quality of 8 or more 😄

Obviously the AI doing the quality prediction is not the same that the one doing the acceptance. In a near future, those two AI might start a war, possibly leading to the end of the world 😱

That's a good way of looking at it. Including the War to end all wars. 😁

7 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Its meaningful in that its useful to know what its supposed to do and what their plans are for it.

They introduced it for a purpose and thats useful information to know.

Yes, but I think we won't be notified until everything is completed. Until then, we can happily guess together.

I doubt we'll be notified even after that...

Even then it'll be a no-detail PR soundbite just saying how it'll make us all even richer.

SS doesn't really "do" communication or support, neither for contributors or buyers judging by their trustpilot.

57 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Its meaningful in that its useful to know what its supposed to do and what their plans are for it.

They introduced it for a purpose and thats useful information to know.

You worry too much about things that are not under our control. What does knowing change? That's my point.

They might tell us, they might not. Like the search, or what was "Most Popular" which is now "Top Images". We don't know, they aren't telling.

Until they do or don't tell us possible plans for "Predicted Quality", there is nothing meaningful and there is nothing it's supposed to do. After that, their plans don't change our options or positions. Worrying about something that we are watching as powerless observers is fruitless and creating your own frustration from not being in control.

Not like this is anything new here, when changes are made without notifications or explanations?

Knowing can help work out (i) how the thing is derived and (ii) how its going to be presented to buyers.  ie the purpose.

Armed with that we can work out what, if anything is needed to alter/process/tag content to better suit this filter.

Yes chances are its another train wreck AI implementation but even so, knowing that would help.

Same goes for the "authentic images" search option which has appeared as a beta.  Knowing the criteria would help customise content if the thing actually works.

Has anyone seen the documentary The social dilemma on Netflix ?

This is basically another tool to influence our brains. It is like being back in school and we are indeed lab monkeys. 🐒 

I believe it is supposed to be an incentive to have contributors improve the quality of their images and mostlikely to give customers the option to only show the highest rated ones. Business wise it is probably a good idea, but it can only be successful when A.I. thinks like a human. Luckily that is not the case otherwise us humans would be in serious trouble. 😄

21 hours ago, Repelsteeltje said:

Has anyone seen the documentary The social dilemma on Netflix ?

This is basically another tool to influence our brains. It is like being back in school and we are indeed lab monkeys. 🐒 

I believe it is supposed to be an incentive to have contributors improve the quality of their images and mostlikely to give customers the option to only show the highest rated ones. Business wise it is probably a good idea, but it can only be successful when A.I. thinks like a human. Luckily that is not the case otherwise us humans would be in serious trouble. 😄

Watched it when it came out. Even though heavily biased, the show is a good view and very informative about how "we are the product" works with the big sites. Also how they can manipulate viewpoints. I don't want to get into some of the latest social movements, but it is apparent we are being led in a specific direction, while opposing views are pushed down the pages.

Doesn't matter which side I'm on or which issue, because I'm quite variable 😉 but the fact is, after watching this show, we are being fed data, being controlled and the company agenda can be forcing what they want to the top, while hiding others. That and a bunch more spooky and scary insider experiences.

Keep in  mind, many of the graphics are hypothetical and they created them to illustrate a suggested viewpoint. They make it seems real, as in "this is what happens." No, it's actually, "this is what could happen".

They lead us down a path to a specific conclusion. Not that they aren't right, but heavily leaning towards one side, coming from former workers and insiders. That makes it really informative and smart.

It's really a good and interesting expose of the big Internet companies and what they do, or could do, and have done.

I don't like the term, but I rate it, must watch and also watch with an open mind that it is hypothetical situations, woven into a fabric using true facts. But presented in a documentary format.

22 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

Knowing can help work out (i) how the thing is derived and (ii) how its going to be presented to buyers.  ie the purpose.

Armed with that we can work out what, if anything is needed to alter/process/tag content to better suit this filter.

Yes chances are its another train wreck AI implementation but even so, knowing that would help.

Same goes for the "authentic images" search option which has appeared as a beta.  Knowing the criteria would help customise content if the thing actually works.

Well I suggest that you demand to have them tell us, what is the meaning and definition of a Top Image?

I want SS to explain how in a personal page search, my best selling images, are down the page, but never sold are on line one. Or in a buyer search for keywords, why some of my images are down on page 10 and someone with a spammed keyword, rises to page one?

Then you need to tell them that support is unresponsive, and no one reads the forum to help us answer questions. 💩

Follow up after those questions, with demanding they correct the AI reviews which are unpredictable and irregular.

I think we should also know what happened to ODs that they dropped to 15% of what we used to get, but there was nothing informing us of a change.

What makes any image an authentic image? Compared to what are the rest? 🙂

And last, you can demand they tell us what Predicted Quality means, if anything, when will it be system wide, how will PQ be measured and what are the ramifications of this new indicator.

Or maybe you could just say: Here's another change, without notice, no way to do anything about it and no explanation forthcoming.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

When you have the answers, please come and tell us all, so we all know the answers, because, I don't think it's something that's going to be answered or anything we can change. But you do? Good Luck.

22 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

18 hours ago, Awana JF said:

Love that 🤣

Yes, it's partly because that's as good as the answer to most everything here as well. We want answers, none are usually provided. Sometimes the answer isn't useful even when we get one. 🤪

This display of Predicted Quality actually is an answer, which just creates more questions. Or at the vary least an answer to a question that no one asked?