• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. What would AI possibly know about the commercial value of an image?  I don't shoot "pretty". I shoot "useful". I don't see any ratings on my stuff yet, but I guarantee my bestsellers will not s

If I were a  Yorkshire terrier I'd run to Wales (that might take me a long time with my little legs) and bite your ankle really hard with my little mouth and hope that my little teeth sink in a long w

Next to the ranking is a question mark and when you hover of it you are given an explanation which states:  "This score is an AI-based prediction of a rating a group of people would give this image fo

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, lorenza62 said:

good morning everyone (and a hug to all the women of the forum).
I am following this comparison and I have tried to verify my images but I cannot find any evaluation ...
Greetings from Italy (northern Italy): here a beautiful sunny day ... in smart working

Lorenza

Hug back 🙂

I can only see the ratings using Microsoft Edge browser. Then I can only see a small proportion with a rating, and no editorial photos so far.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, lorenza62 said:

good morning everyone (and a hug to all the women of the forum).
I am following this comparison and I have tried to verify my images but I cannot find any evaluation ...
Greetings from Italy (northern Italy): here a beautiful sunny day ... in smart working

Lorenza

Hi Lorenza,

attached two samples for you. Most of your images seem to have no rating.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-08 um 12.19.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-08 um 12.22.31.png

15 minutes ago, Tim photo-video said:

I just loaded the flower and immediately there was a quality forecast of 10

Red Rose

stock-photo-red-rose-close-up-of-a-bud-v

Everyone thought we would sell pictures for likes, so here's a little clarification, these likes will be put by Artificial Intelligence. 

But you also get dislikes 6/10 and nobody wants that, not even the customers. So why is that? Just to motivate us to do our best or is there more to it. I feel like a kind of monkey they do experiments with.

Why is there no announcement about this policy?

I still remember that it was denied by administrators on the forum that the photos were also inspected by non-people, while that was already the case.

10 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I feel like a kind of monkey they do experiments with.

Actually, pretty much every platform on the internet treats the people using them as monkeys to experiment with. Every action you do online is recorded and is new information for the algorithms to do what they're designed to do.

18 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Actually, pretty much every platform on the internet treats the people using them as monkeys to experiment with. Every action you do online is recorded and is new information for the algorithms to do what they're designed to do.

I know. When I notice that, I often stop (Flickr, writing for Wikipedia, don't do anything on Facebook, etc.)..
I will continue here, because it is a fun hobby and also earns something. But my reluctance to this company is growing. There comes a point when it is greater than the pleasure.

OK so i started going through some of the worst "why arent my images selling" threads on here to look for low ratings.

image.thumb.png.b106d1963a288f511b98488aba3986b2.png

So apparently this is an 8/10 for being visually appealing.

image.thumb.png.8f5f6d2237a007544af9ba17034f9f91.png

So a terrible mobile phone snapshot taken from a moving train or car window, motion blur in the foreground, huge burnt out over exposed sky and even the reflection of the person taking it in the window that should never in a million years have been accepted but is a 7/10 for visual appeal....

I haven't yet found *anything* under a 6.

35 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

OK so i started going through some of the worst "why arent my images selling" threads......

It's really weird. Some time ago I uploaded a photo:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/massive-clouds-towering-cumulus-forming-blue-1930195238

massive-clouds-towering-cumulus-forming-

that is only a test shot as I moved between different locations to shoot a video. I always do these to check the locations, its appearance and find the ideal settings for the final video:

When I have the time and the right mood, I sometimes make relaxing videos in these dark times.

The photo is really bad from a technical point of view. Shoted at a high ISO of around 800(I had a higher ISO due to the lens for video.) and it's handheld. Overall it is very soft and there is a lot of noise due to the high ISO. However, I thought I'd try to upload it for that 0.10$. Well for AI it's a beautiful 9/10 😆.

6 minutes ago, Pavel Rumlena said:

It's really weird. Some time ago I uploaded a photo:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/massive-clouds-towering-cumulus-forming-blue-1930195238

massive-clouds-towering-cumulus-forming-

that is only a test shot as I moved between different locations to shoot a video. I always do these to check the locations, its appearance and find the ideal settings for the final video:

When I have the time and the right mood, I sometimes make relaxing videos in these dark times.

The photo is really bad from a technical point of view. Shoted at a high ISO of around 800(I had a higher ISO due to the lens for video.) and it's handheld. Overall it is very soft and there is a lot of noise due to the high ISO. However, I thought I'd try to upload it for that 0.10$. Well for AI it's a beautiful 9/10 😆.

Al likes your clouds and blue sky. That maybe will be the part it zooms in.

13 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Al likes your clouds and blue sky. That maybe will be the part it zooms in.

It may be, but if you zoom in just a little, you will immediately see the really ugly noise from the high ISO, even in the sky and clouds. Well, a lot of people claim that high ISO noise is their artistic feeling and it's there intentionally. Maybe this AI was learned from them. 😄

57 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

I've tried Chrome (MacBook), Safari and Edge (Ipad) and I still cannot see these ratings.

And sales continue to suck.

I don't think it works with the phone. Maybe not even with an Ipad?
I have chrome. At first I didn't see it. After I had changed language a number of times, it works. But whether that was the reason?

53 minutes ago, Firn said:

I am also in the "left out" club. No matter what language setting or browser, I am not seeing any ratings anywhere.

I'm on Windows 10 on my PC and looking via Edge.  This one of yours is 7/10:

Tropical 'Epipremnum Aureum Marble Queen' pothos house plant with white variegation in natural basket flower pot on table

But this one is 9 😁

Neglected dying house plant in white flower pot on pink background

Your port is an interesting one for comparisons as all your house plants seem to have different ratings, from 6 to 9, without any obvious difference in quality.

Your dogs (as with my dolls) don't seem to have ratings.

😞