• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. What would AI possibly know about the commercial value of an image?  I don't shoot "pretty". I shoot "useful". I don't see any ratings on my stuff yet, but I guarantee my bestsellers will not s

If I were a  Yorkshire terrier I'd run to Wales (that might take me a long time with my little legs) and bite your ankle really hard with my little mouth and hope that my little teeth sink in a long w

Mine too! It seems the AI has a soft spot for Yorkshire Terriers.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

This lovely new addition to the exciting news new features isn't available to me yet.  I can only guess at the ratings that my images have.  Maybe not knowing is better.

I am giving Sstock a 'predicted quality rating' with regard to their communication with contributors about this new innovation (and the vague possibility that someone might bother to read this thread and actually respond):

0/10

(If anyone can find one of my images with 10/10 please let me know.  I will then spend 300 worth of subscription downloads on a bottle of bubbly to celebrate).

Your  Green Shield Bugs Palomena Prasina mating close up is better than my  Palomena Prasina mating.

Yours: 9/10  Mine: 7/10   😁

But my Palomena prasina in its wintercolour is also 9/10  😏

3 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

That's because my female bug had her hair done that day and put make-up on.  She not only got her man, but she also got the highest rating. 

That must be it. Shall we email Kate to ask what kind of bullshit this is? 🙂
I have the impression that more photos have been graded than yesterday. They are working hard.

36 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Pretty easy.  Thats 10c...

I still think that if the system has been perfected, the low-valued photo will sell a little cheaper. Of course they also yield less for us  0.05 cents maybe? Why else would they start with this?

Better for us, because then those ugly photos sell better. And fairer to people who take beautiful photos, because they never earn 0.05 cents. And everyone is going to do better to provide high-quality photos.

A bit similar to the new level system. This has also been introduced to motivate people. (And of course to become much richer. 😉)

Worst thing is a customer filter for "AI quality over 7" or similar.

This would hide the majority of good images from the buyer.  

From a buyer point of view you'd only want the "best" so would use a filter to remove lower than that.

Its no different to how everyone uses TripAdvisor or Trustpilot etc - you generally filter out anything less than "good" and go from there.

If you have a choice of 2 images, one is ranked 6, the other 9, you're going to go for the 9 all things considered.

With an AI that thinks clouds are people in reality this says nothing about the quality of the image - and that's the issue.

Contributors had no idea this system was being trialled, what it means, what they need to do for rankings, what the issues are at all.

The first anyone sees is a vague explanation on the customer side. Again contributors being treated like contempt.

7 minutes ago, chrisontour84 said:

The first no number. I think these kinds of photos are tricky. The second also an eight. I see a number of nines, but also a few sixes. Most of them quite high on the first page.

Try to change the language a few times. That helped me.

Interestingly, for anyone having issues seeing this, i get them to display for many images in MS Edge browser.

Changing to Chrome or Firefox the rating doesn't appear even after a direct copy/paste URL.  Pasting it back into Edge from Chrome and it appears.

The source code however does contain mention of it in those browsers, its just not displayed.

Does have me wondering if this thing has been used behind the scenes for quite a while and a mess up with the code is suddenly causing it to be seen in some circumstances.

Very strange.
I found a lot of top marks in myself. It seemed to me that I had less sales for the entire time than 10 out of 10 photos.
By the way, those photos that are sometimes sold have a lower rating.
Perhaps the topics are not in demand or the description is not correct? Here are 10/10, examples:

Frozen stream

Mountain view in winter

Tree twig

flower

rich flower

flower bud

lily flower bud

Microsoft Edge works for me.  Thanks @Former_Poster Not on my phone though.

I don't understand the ratings (predictably).  Mine seem to vary between 6 and 9 completely randomly.  Still looking for that elusive 10.  None of my editorial photos so far have a rating and very few of any photos.

Interestingly, my leaf cutter bee cut leaf, posted earlier in this thread by @Pavel Rumlena is marked as only 6 when I look when it was marked as 7 when the OP looked.  How mad is that. 

Having trawled through a lot of my nature photos '6' is rather more common than I'd like to see and I am sure more common than buyers want.

That's my sales down the pan then and no chance of me uploading any more.

Great initiative for contributors.  It's good to see how valued we are.

This completely changes the dynamics of buying.  You go into a shop and a sign says 'don't buy this one, it's crap, buy that one ... well, actually, they're all crap in that bunch.  I suggest you shop somewhere else ...'

51 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

is marked as only 6 when I look when it was marked as 7 when the OP looked.  How mad is that. 

I'm concerned that every time we look at our photos to check our ratings, we push our photos down the list...in other words, nobody is buying it but they're looking...could be totally wrong about this but nevertheless it's a thought!  So I'm leaving mine alone now...whatever it is...it is, we can do nothing about it anyway!

55 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Having trawled through a lot of my nature photos '6' is rather more common than I'd like to see and I am sure more common than buyers want.

That's my sales down the pan then and no chance of me uploading any more.

Great initiative for contributors.  It's good to see how valued we are.

This completely changes the dynamics of buying.  You go into a shop and a sign says 'don't buy this one, it's crap, buy that one ... well, actually, they're all crap in that bunch.  I suggest you shop somewhere else ...'

Maybe they think they have too many photos and delete all 6/10 photos. 😁
It is striking that there is no announcement about it. Would that be because they expect criticism?

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

I don't understand the ratings (predictably).  Mine seem to vary between 6 and 9 completely randomly.  Still looking for that elusive 10.  None of my editorial photos so far have a rating and very few of any photos.

https://www.shutterstock.com/nl/image-photo/green-shield-bugs-palomena-prasina-mating-1720825333

This shows as a 10 for me. I wonder if the ratings are region specific.