• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then th

So your wife is my only chance to overtake you in a piddly 385 years. Can I have her address?

Sales yes. 10c after 10c after 10c.  

Posted Images

A week to the end of the month:

Downloads are consistent with the previous months. February wasn't great in terms of income but March is probably going to be okay, consistent with october/november and january. Nothing amazing, nothing to party about, nothing to celebrate. Just an okay month at SS.  

AS seems to wake up with a few downloads this week, but I'm still far behind the usual incomes...

On 3/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, Steven Tritton said:

Well here comes the EOTM slump which follows the MOTM slump hot on the heels of the BOTM slump. 😜

Even my slump is in a slump.

Number of downloads has never been higher though.  The utterly pathetic RPD is where it hurts.

March has just bypassed February in earnings, so not a bad month. Had a very unusual day last week, with only two sub downloads but 4 ODDs, and a higher than normal video cart sale of $32. Nice!

I'm back in level 4 for images now, working on level 3 in video (ten to go...). Finally sold one of my last batch of videos. As usual for me, SS is beating AS.

Covid-wise, things are looking up in my area. Cases are down significantly, 32% of the population have gotten at least one shot (myself included). My county upgraded to tier "red", which means that school will reopen on campus, restaurants and such can resume indoor operations at 25% capacity. The possibility of tier "orange" is being dangled in the news.

This is in stark contrast to Germany, where my family lives. Last time I heard, they were still in full lockdown, with curfews and penalties for violating such. Europe is having such a hard time with the vaccine rollout.

That said, my industry is still completely dead. If it wasn't for the government help, I don't know how we'd survive.

48 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Europe is having such a hard time with the vaccine rollout.

The supply of medicines is a problem in Europe. AstraZeneca was agreed to deliver much more. It is also made in my country, the Netherlands, but is intended for Great Britain.
Approval is also very slow in Europe. The Russian vaccine still has to be approved.
The vaccine developed and made by the Dutch company Jansen for the American company Johnson & Johnson is produced in the Dutch city of Leiden, but then goes to the US to be bottled there. Let's hope that something will come back.
Things are messy for a rich country.
The hospitals are getting again more crowded every day. The hope is that, just like last year, Covid might decline slightly in the spring.

I have been photographing the area around my home village Bergen for a year now. Fortunately, the insects reappear. Then I can take macro photos. 

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

March has just bypassed February in earnings, so not a bad month. Had a very unusual day last week, with only two sub downloads but 4 ODDs, and a higher than normal video cart sale of $32. Nice!

I'm back in level 4 for images now, working on level 3 in video (ten to go...). Finally sold one of my last batch of videos. As usual for me, SS is beating AS.

Covid-wise, things are looking up in my area. Cases are down significantly, 32% of the population have gotten at least one shot (myself included). My county upgraded to tier "red", which means that school will reopen on campus, restaurants and such can resume indoor operations at 25% capacity. The possibility of tier "orange" is being dangled in the news.

This is in stark contrast to Germany, where my family lives. Last time I heard, they were still in full lockdown, with curfews and penalties for violating such. Europe is having such a hard time with the vaccine rollout.

That said, my industry is still completely dead. If it wasn't for the government help, I don't know how we'd survive.

Congrats to level 4, Milo!

On 3/3/2021 at 5:15 PM, Steven Tritton said:

March has started out just slightly better than my most disastrous month... last month. Only one small video sale in February 2021 - only one month throughout 2020 did i sell just one video and the commission was much higher. Hopefully March 2021 is better than February 2021. March 2020 was my BME up until that time since starting in February 2019, and was already close to 10x the earnings at this stage of the new month in 2020 vs 2021.

ETA just had a sale on Pond5 with $18.15 commission. I was only just recently thinking about this file (aerial hyperlapse) as it sold quite quickly for four times on Subberstock and then just stopped and never sold again. Well, probably better it sells at P5 as lucky to get half of that here. 

Thank you for sharing, I understand some are heavily invested in shutter, they got thousands some millions of images and that was they´re mistake for investing it all here. My month has been nothing but 10 cts sales and even that has declined by my efforts are elsewhere.  Other sites pay more, my efforts are make sense and like you will see once you do enough research pond5 is pretty great place to work on. I left istock in 2008 because the forums were bad, people rude, it was horrible pay and left it. And now look at em?

I'll probably have a few less downloads at shutterstock than I did in March 2020. At the moment I'm still 18% short and tomorrow is Sunday - not much will happen because there are only three normal working days left. In terms of revenue, I'm still 22.5% short at the moment.
But in the last few days it has improved at least a little. The total catastrophe will not happen.

At the competitor I currently have a plus of 94% compared to the whole of March 2020. I expect to more than double my revenue there by the end of the month.

Even at the smaller agencies, March has developed quite well in some cases. I'm surprised at some of them, because there really hasn't been much going on lately. But, just so there's no misunderstanding, we're talking about very low levels here - especially compared to the revenues a few years ago.

Status March 29, 2021 at shutterstock

5 % less downloads than 2020 and 2019 (exactly the same number on March 29 in 2019 and 2020)

10.2 % less earnings compared to March 29, 2020

36.4 % less earnings compared to March 29, 2019

Minus 52 % compared to my best March concerning downloads (March 29, 2015)

Minus 65.7 % compared to my best March concerning income (March 29, 2016)