• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then th

So your wife is my only chance to overtake you in a piddly 385 years. Can I have her address?

Sales yes. 10c after 10c after 10c.  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

The next SOD just came in. Again the same picture, again for $ 0.60. Again no location is shown. Now for the tenth time alone this month. This is very strange in my eyes.

Until I get to Level #3 which hopefully is this month, I'm getting $0.50 for those SODs sans herkomst (nice bit of Eurospeak nicht wahr!) which used to be $0.60. 😄

• Not a sale on Adobe Stock in over a week and only one sale for that week
  • Not a sale on Pond5 in almost three weeks and the number of views have dropped again to low levels
  • Not a sale on Dreamstime for over three weeks - though I don't usually mention DT as I won't be seeing a payout from them any time soon
  • Can't report on a week by week basis for iStock though am closing in on a payout from them (after about 12 months) even with a comparative tiny port
  • The usual low ball sales on Shutterstock amounting to (over the last week) a small cup of cheap 'International Roast' coffee with no milk or sweetener

So basically, after two months of a slow grinding climb back up to anything resembling last year, sales have tanked again across the board. I don't know how anyone short of tens of thousands of images / thousands of videos / tight sort-after niche can make anything worthwhile in this. The only reason it might be worth holding on is a glimmer of hope for when the global economy improves and people / companies return to spending more on microstock and to have the content there ready. 

ETA Part 1: Maybe I need to complain more often. Just had a sale on Adobe Stock for $22.40 which ain't bad for mine especially in these times.   

ETA Part 2: A new low video sale for me on SubberStock at $1.62.

4 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:
  • Not a sale on Adobe Stock in over a week and only one sale for that week
  • Not a sale on Pond5 in almost three weeks and the number of views have dropped again to low levels
  • Not a sale on Dreamstime for over three weeks - though I don't usually mention DT as I won't be seeing a payout from them any time soon
  • Can't report on a week by week basis for iStock though am closing in on a payout from them (after about 12 months) even with a comparative tiny port
  • The usual low ball sales on Shutterstock amounting to (over the last week) a small cup of cheap 'International Roast' coffee with no milk or sweetener

So basically, after two months of a slow grinding climb back up to anything resembling last year, sales have tanked again across the board. I don't know how anyone short of tens of thousands of images / thousands of videos / tight sort-after niche can make anything worthwhile in this. The only reason it might be worth holding on is a glimmer of hope for when the global economy improves and people / companies return to spending more on microstock and to have the content there ready. 

ETA Part 1: Maybe I need to complain more often. Just had a sale on Adobe Stock for $22.40 which ain't bad for mine especially in these times.   

ETA Part 2: A new low video sale for me on SubberStock at $1.62.

Almost same report here ... Bleak!

Sales in terms of quantity are slightly better than February, but the amount is quite small.

Tell me who's got the quarantine situation? Almost everything works in Russia (Siberia), I don’t know for how long.
The other day I was at the competition - the junior world championship in ski freestyle. There were fans from Europe. The participants were from different countries, but there were no Chinese. Although perhaps they simply do not participate in the discipline that I attended.

Hi guys, 
I hope all of you are doing well. In 2021 is March the best month for me (in terms of downloads and earnings). BUT, previous two months were horrible in the term of earning :D so I'm glad that this month is better. Maybe it is getting better because I started upload after longer period, so I'll see what happens next.  

1 hour ago, Tim photo-video said:

Sales in terms of quantity are slightly better than February, but the amount is quite small.

Tell me who's got the quarantine situation? Almost everything works in Russia (Siberia), I don’t know for how long.
The other day I was at the competition - the junior world championship in ski freestyle. There were fans from Europe. The participants were from different countries, but there were no Chinese. Although perhaps they simply do not participate in the discipline that I attended.

Everything is still without public with us. There are tests with music and sports where the public has to show a corona test.
In the Netherlands it is getting worse because of the British variant. All measures are extended. Only curfew probably goes to ten o'clock because it stays light longer
The very old people have been vaccinated. There is now less mortality there.
My age group 71 has not yet been called up for vaccination.
There is still a lot of work from home. Most shops are closed or can be visited by appointment.
Many feel that the vaccination is too slow. But we cannot go faster than we receive. And that is distributed through Europe.

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Everything is still without public with us. There are tests with music and sports where the public has to show a corona test.
In the Netherlands it is getting worse because of the British variant. All measures are extended. Only curfew probably goes to ten o'clock because it stays light longer
There is still a lot of work from home. Most shops are closed or can be visited by appointment.
Many feel that the vaccination is too slow. But we cannot go faster than we receive. And that is distributed through Europe.

Agree. We are in the 3th wave. EU. Health first, all other next.

2 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I have already had both shots of the Moderna vaccine as has my wife. My brother-in-law has received the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Arizona - where I live - is now opening up vaccination to all over 16s.

Still frustrated at not being able to travel extensively. I feel like I've photographed my town to death now and looking for new subjects.

Just had a video sell on AS for $110 (record).

Same video sold twice today on SS....for $0.34 each. Its sold for under $4 6 other times this month.

i've just removed that said video off SS.  Its simply not worth it.

6 hours ago, Tim photo-video said:

Tell me who's got the quarantine situation?

I've pretty much been in quarantine for a year now! The work situation is quite dire. Too many people eyeing a dwindling number of jobs in the market. My industry (film and TV) is effectively dead as of now with very few shoots happening. So no real incentive to get out. I'm really clinging on to all the money I have and cutting out any extraneous spending, so no travel, eating/drinking out, meeting friends etc.

As for covid, well, while the cases in my city have been rising exponentially over the last couple of weeks, if you go out it feels as if the disease no longer exists. People move freely in crowded spaces without wearing masks. And since I'm a paranoid person on the best of days, I've self quarantined, which means I don't get out unless absolutely necessary because I don't want to spend money on a doctor or a covid facility if I get sick.

The SS became completely uninteresting....behind the photography studios, the buyers also went to other drains. If the SS does not die, it lives in sad times. As time has shown, the fact that I have not uploaded a single profile photo to the ss since the change has borne fruit. I did not lose at this change, just changed the drains on which there is a good income. one day AS against the little things on the SS.

11111111.jpg

Download numbers don't much interest me, I'd rather 5 downloads per month at $100 ($500 for the month) compared to 100 downloads per month at 10 cents ($10 for the month). 

A little over one week to go in March 2021 and I'm not even half way the earnings of March 2020. Jan, Feb, Mar 2020 vs Jan, Feb, Mar 2021 highlighted in red on the graph of SS results since I began below...

image.png.94f890ae95dde231c0752417980e5cd2.png

(sorry for my bad English🙂)

I was aiming to increase to at least a thousand images in my port this year my unfortunately my camera's totally broken after accidentally dropping it. I sold it as scrap. I'm not confuse if I should buy a new camera or not -  very small and slow returns 🤔🤔

My January and March 2021 sales are actually my best performance so far. But sad to say, each bar in the graph only represent single digit amount. 😂

1.jpg

50 minutes ago, trucic said:

This month will be disaster if nothing changes in last few days... Download numbers are as usual, with tiny fluctuations - and that`s where problem is... RPD is 1/3 of what it was before `leveling`...

Same here. It's all 10 and 11 cent downloads. Just one ODD so far this month. 

Yes, earnings on Shutterstock are total disaster. But last year after changes on Shutterstock I started uploading my new footage to Pond5 exclusive and during last 4 months it started giving me benefits. P5Ex gives more income with much smaller portfolio than SS, average RPD $50, - not like on SS - $9. Yes, number of sales on P5 is lower, but total income is higher. So I continue moving in this direction. Now in this situation I don't see any reason to upload new fresh footage on SS (only upload here some old footage that was already uploaded to other sites). 

Maybe If Shutterstock improve price at which my footage is sold and increase RPD, then I will start uploading something new. Because at current time this earning per sale is not worth it for our work.

A week to the end of the month:

Downloads are consistent with the previous months. February wasn't great in terms of income but March is probably going to be okay, consistent with october/november and january. Nothing amazing, nothing to party about, nothing to celebrate. Just an okay month at SS.  

AS seems to wake up with a few downloads this week, but I'm still far behind the usual incomes...