Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then th

So your wife is my only chance to overtake you in a piddly 385 years. Can I have her address?

Sales yes. 10c after 10c after 10c.  

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

150 downloads per year = 12.5 downloads per month. I assume that there are thousands of contributors that meet this criterion. So the threshold is set very low.

Yes, I think so too - at least for one product. I’ve had free CC products in two years now - and I’m certainly not a big shot ..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's an easy goal (>150 dls/year) to achieve for one app. If I did video, I would certainly go for the Premiere app because to purchase a year's subscription costs around double that for LR&PSCC. According to Matt Hayward on the site that shall not mention its name, the offer for 2021 repeats with the same conditions as for 2020.

Still don't have the occasional bonanza days there as I do here.........biggish SOD + EL yesterday which boosted the month from $20+ to $100+ within a couple of hours!! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hello Istvan,

yes, I get that indicated that I could get a product from the CC for free for one year. But I don't need that and I don't want it at all.

When the time comes when I am forced to switch to the CC products, I will switch to Affinity. I have already purchased all the Affinity products.

>>

>>

Ich

thanks for the response Wilm!
yes! you are absolutely correct that the Affinity package (at a fraction of the price of the Adobe products) does an incredible job! I tried it for a month and was very impressed by it! and was willing to buy it too. however, for my specific purpose of creating "smart objects", it can only do it in a rather convoluted way and the result is not the same either. just a rather "poor" substitute. it doesn't do the trick for me. 
you see, I have many, many of these glass bus shelters, showing the end panel in perspective, which is perfect for advertising purposes. and they do sell o.k. (and by O.K. I mean many 10 cents : )). but they would sell much better (someone pointed it out to me) at two other sites, if they were the so called "smart objects" or true (!) mock-ups. where the image is a composite and is set up in such a manner that the buyer simply drags his/her image over to the "smart area" and it just snaps in. voila! done! a great tool for the buyer, some pain for me to create them. but instead of 10 cents, those might sell for 3-4-5 bucks. and I can't do it withou LR or PS : (. 
you have a great weekend Wilm! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

thanks for the response Wilm!
yes! you are absolutely correct that the Affinity package (at a fraction of the price of the Adobe products) does an incredible job! I tried it for a month and was very impressed by it! and was willing to buy it too. however, for my specific purpose of creating "smart objects", it can only do it in a rather convoluted way and the result is not the same either. just a rather "poor" substitute. it doesn't do the trick for me. 
you see, I have many, many of these glass bus shelters, showing the end panel in perspective, which is perfect for advertising purposes. and they do sell o.k. (and by O.K. I mean many 10 cents : )). but they would sell much better (someone pointed it out to me) at two other sites, if they were the so called "smart objects" or true (!) mock-ups. where the image is a composite and is set up in such a manner that the buyer simply drags his/her image over to the "smart area" and it just snaps in. voila! done! a great tool for the buyer, some pain for me to create them. but instead of 10 cents, those might sell for 3-4-5 bucks. and I can't do it withou LR or PS : (. 
you have a great weekend Wilm! 

Hello Istvan,

but that means that the buyer must have Photoshop. If he has Photoshop, he does not need a smart object for this purpose. He can take his picture, distort it briefly in perspective and the photomontage is ready. That takes 15 seconds.

 

Poster.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevemart said:

Absolutely. In my experience they (AS) also respond very quickly and effectively to image thieves.

And actual contributor support.  The few times ive needed to contact them i've had a reply within at most a few hours assuming it was a working day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevemart said:

Affinity Photo looks like bargain of the year now at 50% off (€28). I think I get it for the computer I can't use with CC because that's already on 2 computers. Thanks for the heads up Wilm.

I bought it for $25 plus tax. I got it specifically for the focus stacking functionality but I'm gradually discovering that it does a lot of things better than Elements which I have been using for years. The 'denoise' function has already got me a couple of shots accepted where they had previously been rejected for noise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

We are doing it all wrong.  😉 That way you earn a lot more:  Burned the Bansky painting

 

Everything that is 'bought' in this 'unreal' world of 'investment' (eg SSTK stock etc, etc) is based on the greater fool theory ie that there is always some eejit at some future point in time will pay you more than you paid for that 'token' (usually calculated in USD or BTC). It's funny that if the Mad Max scenario ever comes to be, then no-one will exchange you a tin of beans to get you through next week for your $100 million Picasso painting.😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevemart said:

Everything that is 'bought' in this 'unreal' world of 'investment' (eg SSTK stock etc, etc) is based on the greater fool theory ie that there is always some eejit at some future point in time will pay you more than you paid for that 'token' (usually calculated in USD or BTC). It's funny that if the Mad Max scenario ever comes to be, then no-one will exchange you a tin of beans to get you through next week for your $100 million Picasso painting.😁

Yes a strange world. I'm getting too old for this to understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevemart said:

Yep. I find the conjuring up of NFT.....UFB³ !

NFT's make my head hurt.

I tried putting up one of my pictures on the market as an experiment and I was asked to spend over a 100$ merely to put it up. So, not a place for lowly starving artists like myself.

It's a world made by rich people for rich people that is being sold as a savior of the universe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

You're welcome, Steve!

Bought Affinity photo. Trying it out and immediately something I just don't get. Import a 500kb jpg (1500x1500 pixels) and downsize it to 1000x1000 pixels and 'save as'. Doesn't save as jpg but as some weird file format called Affinity (no other file format choices given) and the file size goes from 500kb to 7.4Mb and is unrecognizable for windows....well, anything really. Doesn't import to Drive as a recognizable file either. All I did was install it and haven't touched 'preferences' or anything else. Seems weird that it's not set up 'out of the box' to work normally!

Seems like PNG is set to default.....now reset to jpg. See if that works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Bought Affinity photo. Trying it out and immediately something I just don't get. Import a 500kb jpg (1500x1500 pixels) and downsize it to 1000x1000 pixels and 'save as'. Doesn't save as jpg but as some weird file format called Affinity (no other file format choices given) and the file size goes from 500kb to 7.4Mb and is unrecognizable for windows....well, anything really. Doesn't import to Drive as a recognizable file either. All I did was install it and haven't touched 'preferences' or anything else. Seems weird that it's not set up 'out of the box' to work normally!

Seems like PNG is set to default.....now reset to jpg. See if that works.

Hello Steve,

we bought the three Affinity products some time ago for several workplaces because several people told me that they work very well. But I have to admit that I haven't tried them yet. As long as my Adobe products are still running, I probably won't do that either. So unfortunately I can't say anything about your problem so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevemart said:

Bought Affinity photo. Trying it out and immediately something I just don't get. Import a 500kb jpg (1500x1500 pixels) and downsize it to 1000x1000 pixels and 'save as'. Doesn't save as jpg but as some weird file format called Affinity (no other file format choices given) and the file size goes from 500kb to 7.4Mb and is unrecognizable for windows....well, anything really. Doesn't import to Drive as a recognizable file either. All I did was install it and haven't touched 'preferences' or anything else. Seems weird that it's not set up 'out of the box' to work normally!

Seems like PNG is set to default.....now reset to jpg. See if that works.

I am not using it yet but from what I know AFPHOTO files are in-progress images with layers and all edits saved (like .psd), that is why they are so big.

If you want .jpg (or other file formats) you have to export it (not save as).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I am not using it yet but from what I know AFPHOTO files are in-progress images with layers and all edits saved (like .psd), that is why it is so big.

If you want .jpg (or other file formats) you have to export it (not save as).

Many thanks. That's exactly it! Too used to 'save as' (Ctrl+Shift+S) in PS and with Affinity have to get used to 'export' (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Many thanks. That's exactly it! Too used to 'save as' (Ctrl+Shift+S) in PS and with Affinity have to get used to 'export' (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).

Habits are powerful, combined with our natural inertia to learn new things is probably the main reason that no other software can beat Adobe in popularity, no matter how good it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...