March has started out just slightly better than my most disastrous month... last month. Only one small video sale in February 2021 - only one month throughout 2020 did i sell just one video and the commission was much higher. Hopefully March 2021 is better than February 2021. March 2020 was my BME up until that time since starting in February 2019, and was already close to 10x the earnings at this stage of the new month in 2020 vs 2021.

ETA just had a sale on Pond5 with $18.15 commission. I was only just recently thinking about this file (aerial hyperlapse) as it sold quite quickly for four times on Subberstock and then just stopped and never sold again. Well, probably better it sells at P5 as lucky to get half of that here. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then th

So your wife is my only chance to overtake you in a piddly 385 years. Can I have her address?

Sales yes. 10c after 10c after 10c.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

March has started out just slightly better than my most disastrous month... last month. Only one small video sale in February 2021 - only one month throughout 2020 did i sell just one video and the commission was much higher. Hopefully March 2021 is better than February 2021. March 2020 was my BME up until that time since starting in February 2019, and was already close to 10x the earnings at this stage of the new month in 2020 vs 2021.

ETA just had a sale on Pond5 with $18.15 commission. I was only just recently thinking about this file (aerial hyperlapse) as it sold quite quickly for four times on Subberstock and then just stopped and never sold again. Well, probably better it sells at P5 as lucky to get half of that here. 

Congratulations, Steven! Just ride the wave! ;) Hope both waves for you will be good this month; SS and P5. I have experience, lasting years; clips that were sold on SS had little interest on P5 and vice a versa. 10 years of such experiences.

1 hour ago, muratart said:

The beginning of March is not bad ... for now, $ 100 per day, 463 photos in total.

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then there is a dot, then there is the 1 and 0.  Oh, and that's just the one day.

Apart from these 3 small differences, your success story and mine are almost the same.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Very similar to me.  The only differences are that I have 462 fewer downloads than you.  Exactly the same figures as you, but the digits are ordered differently.  So, for me, the 0 comes first then there is a dot, then there is the 1 and 0.  Oh, and that's just the one day.

Apart from these 3 small differences, your success story and mine are almost the same.

453 fewer and earned 3,26   And my photos are almost as beautiful as those from Murat. 😁
Another one and then I will have sold 100 in 2021.

Your answer to Kate has disappeared Debbie. 

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Congratulations, Steven! Just ride the wave! ;) Hope both waves for you will be good this month; SS and P5. I have experience, lasting years; clips that were sold on SS had little interest on P5 and vice a versa. 10 years of such experiences.

Many thanks Primus1. I been feeling like Shutterstock has thrown my port under a bus.

Basically, take your monthly average income on SS for 2020. Now divide that by 6. There's your new revenue for 2021.And this is what they call an incentive. 

5 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Many thanks Primus1. I been feeling like Shutterstock has thrown my port under a bus.

Basically, take your monthly average income on SS for 2020. Now divide that by 6. There's your new revenue for 2021.And this is what they call an incentive. 

You are welcome!

Ouch, Steven! :[

My Feb/2021 compare Feb/2020 is 1.09x better. But this is one month. Year is long. For you and for me. To soon to draw any lines. Best wishes, Steven!

3 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

You are welcome!

Ouch, Steven! :[

My Feb/2021 compare Feb/2020 is 1.09x better. But this is one month. Year is long. For you and for me. To soon to draw any lines. Best wishes, Steven!

Yes, and I suppose I haven't been forthcoming with all my data as January wasn't too bad. Just February and like you said, it's just one month of a 12-month year. I have a tendency to catastrophize things. 

25 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Aaaaah I see. 

So all I need is just another 45,000 high quality images and I too can make $100 a day.  😁

Congrats man, beautiful port you have there.

Yes, it's exactly that simple, Steven.

I extrapolated my pace and found that if I continue to upload as much as I have done so far per year in average, I will also have 45,000 images in a ridiculous 385 years at the latest. And then Murat will have to get ready, because then I will attack and show him the rear lights. 😎 However, he would have to stop uploading new pictures, because otherwise I'll never make it!

1 hour ago, muratart said:

Many thanks
I'm very jealous of your video portfolio
By the way, there is an incredible Photohop potential in your photos455.thumb.jpg.20075da3138f1f4eb4e9bae55b08c454.jpg

Wow, that looks nice! Really got to look at doing something like that. Yes, the video portfolio is solely what gives my earnings a solid lift each month, otherwise it's just another average image port. Thanks for your suggestion!  

2 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Yes, and I suppose I haven't been forthcoming with all my data as January wasn't too bad. Just February and like you said, it's just one month of a 12-month year. I have a tendency to catastrophize things. 

I hope next months will be better. I am in March so far at $0.20. :)))) Best of luck, Steven!

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Yes, it's exactly that simple, Steven.

I extrapolated my pace and found that if I continue to upload as much as I have done so far per year in average, I will also have 45,000 images in a ridiculous 385 years at the latest. And then Murat will have to get ready, because then I will attack and show him the rear lights. 😎 However, he would have to stop uploading new pictures, because otherwise I'll never make it!

Yes Wilm, I'm betting on the end of the world (as we know it) long before I reach 45,000 images. :D