Billionaire Shutterstock founder pays $42M for Miami Beach mansion, marking record!!

We've had a few "Microstock millionaires", but he's the first and only microstck billionaire.  This is the possibility of this industry.  We should be proud!!  Congrats Jon!!

"The sale marks a record on North Bay Road, which is home to celebrities such as Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union; Phil Collins and Chris Bosh.

The Levins’ 19,861-square-foot mansion on a 1.1-acre lot last sold for $30 million in 2013. Developed in 2011, the estate was previously owned by baseball superstar and real estate investor Alex Rodriguez.

Oringer founded Shutterstock in 2003, and reportedly became New York’s first tech billionaire when the company went public in 2013.

Over the summer, the couple sold the lot next door to their mansion to Vero Water co-founder David Deshe for $8.5 million.

At 5800 North Bay Road, Phil Collins is trying to evict his ex-wife and her new husband, and wants to sell the property for $40 million with listing agent Jill Hertzberg."

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2020/10/29/billionaire-shutterstock-founder-pays-42m-for-miami-beach-mansion-marking-record/

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.49.38 AM.png

The forums have been pretty much complaining and negative comments for a long time and when one dares to comment, they're told BFD their opinion wasn't asked for anyway. It'd be nice to see some cordial interactions for a change and whilst I am also not happy with the way things are going in the stock world, complaining and belittling other contributors isn't going to make it any better. 

And now i'll go back into my corner.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

24 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

The forums have been pretty much complaining and negative comments for a long time and when one dares to comment, they're told BFD their opinion wasn't asked for anyway. It'd be nice to see some cordial interactions for a change and whilst I am also not happy with the way things are going in the stock world, complaining and belittling other contributors isn't going to make it any better. 

So blvdone has disappeared too. That was to be expected. I had already warned him. If you read it .. I wish you the best blvdone.

I agree with you Sheila.
On the other hand ... if there were real administrators like most forums it would be different.
Debbie and I try to reach Kate to politely ask if Geogif can come back. So far we have not received any answer. Then it becomes difficult to stay positive.

Blvdone is done his own doing.

6 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

You're right, we can disagree but be cordial or disagree with SS without belittling others.