Bad experience, looking for advice

Hey guys,

I've been having a terrible experience with Shutterstock since the beginning of the year.

Since January I've sold 13 video files (which is great for me) for the total sum of 5.22$ (Which is terrible). These are all 4K high quality videos.

I've read around that this has been a problem with many other users. I would not mind too much if every now and then I would get a proper sale, but having all of them sell for below 1$, when they're priced at 65-179$? Where does all the money go?

Honestly, asking here to know if there is anything that can be done? At this rate I'd have to sell about 130 video files before I reach the minimum payment withdraw. I'm baffled. 0.26 cents for a 179$ video. What the hell?

Capture.JPG

Sadly welcome to the "new" Shutterstock in 2021.

They seem to be going all in to undercut everyone else and offer streaming/web videos for pretty much nothing.  Add that to a push for subscription models (where contributors get paid near nothing) and its not good.

I havent had a 26c but my last one was 34c.

If it continues it may well be worth removing all the videos from here so you're not undercutting yourself and potentially costing sales elsewhere.

Those below Dollar sales are for streaming licenses, and I believe they are on top of our normal sales. So, they don't bug me too much, those sales serve the purpose of getting me closer to the next level. What is way worse are the subscription model prices around $3-5. Because those would have been $15-23 before.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, Cray McDaniel said:

I've sold 3 clips on pond5.. Made $20.16... Sold 26 photos and one video on SS made $9.76.  I think its time to pull the plug on on SS.

You now know what the "new" price range is, so if you are not satisfied...."pull the plug" and get on with life. Not worth stressing over the small stuff.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:01 AM, Prime Quality said:

having all of them sell for below 1$, when they're priced at 65-179$? Where does all the money go?

I think we all know where that money goes.....it ends up in the fat pockets of SS.