I'm tired of this parade of dimes ($0.10) on the "Latest Downloads" section.

Indeed. According to recent figures I saw the number of SS subscribers has jumped massively in recent quarters - which is where the contributor problem lies - and coupled with the new payment structure that is all one is seeing now, 10 cents an image. You would need about 5-10 on demand sales a week for it to be worth uploading new files. Unless of course you are uploading thousands of files which possibly means you don't care. I don't know enough about the market to be honest but you are right - that section of the page has changed greatly.

I think many contributors will eventually give up and move on uploading photos only to Adobe Stock.  If Adobe Stock starts accepting regular editorials, there's no point in uploading to Shutterstock anymore.  If that happens, Shutterstock will look like second tier stock agency with older and inferior quality contents.  Kind of like Dollar Store equivalent of retail business, not top department stores like Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf or Nordstrom.  Not even Macy's.  More like Saks Off Fifth and Nordstrom Rack where people go for discounted older items.  And top contributors will intentionally delete top selling top quality contents and leave only low quality items that never sold and not popular on other sites.  I'm on the edge of giving up on Shutterstock again after re-licensing my photos and videos a few months ago.

2 hours ago, PomInPerth said:

Problem for me is AS is worse, sure, higher RPD but volume is dreadful in comparison. I have a small port (500ish), 33 DLs in shutterstock vs 3 in AS this month

Same... 1000 plus lifetime downloads on SS vs. 60 on AS. Even comparing only the non-editorial content on both platforms, 480 on SS vs 60 on AS.

So while the RPD on AS is twice the RPD here, it is not a meaningful alternative, at least for the content I upload.