11 minutes ago, Erich Karnberger said:

I came across a Shutterstock portfolio that uses images of Contributors from other sites. There are only 19 images in this portfolio and at least three of them have been identified by Getty and iStock users of being their photos. What is the best way to report this obvious fraudulent behavior on SS ?

You should send an e-mail to infringementclaims@shutterstock.com, Erich.

40 minutes ago, Erich Karnberger said:

I came across a Shutterstock portfolio that uses images of Contributors from other sites. There are only 19 images in this portfolio and at least three of them have been identified by Getty and iStock users of being their photos. What is the best way to report this obvious fraudulent behavior on SS ?

Wow one portfolio. Give me 30 minutes and I’ll give you at least 15.

[quote]I came across a Shutterstock portfolio that uses images of Contributors from other sites. There are only 19 images in this portfolio and at least three of them have been identified by Getty and iStock users of being their photos. What is the best way to report this obvious fraudulent behavior on SS ?[/quote]

Post the link here as well so we can check to see if our stuff is on it.

SS wont care at all but the rest of us do.

2 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

[quote]I came across a Shutterstock portfolio that uses images of Contributors from other sites. There are only 19 images in this portfolio and at least three of them have been identified by Getty and iStock users of being their photos. What is the best way to report this obvious fraudulent behavior on SS ?[/quote]

Post the link here as well so we can check to see if our stuff is on it.

SS wont care at all but the rest of us do.

https://www.shutterstock.com/de/g/Ruchithakur16

The photo of the Mail box belongs to a friend who only uploads to iStock. And as far as I heard from others the politician images have also been shot by other professionals. This is fraudulent if not already criminal behavior stealing other peoples copyright.

1 hour ago, Erich Karnberger said:

Weird thing is that what I read here this is quiet common practice. Which raises the question what are this companies doing to protect their employees (speaking of us Contributors) rights?

Almost nothing, 
It has been talked about so often. They want convincing evidence before doing something about it (No fine, just shut down). They themselves do little to prevent it.. As long as they earn and don't get lawyers after them is everything fine.

I spotted one once on AS. He/she had stolen some pics by an artist couple in London. It was a bit embarrassing for AS because the thief was in their super-seller of the week section when I spotted it. I sent the artist couple an email, their agent sent a DMCA notice to AS and the stolen pics were gone within 6 hours. By 24 hours his whole port was gone. It can be done if they're bothered which SS isn't!

1 hour ago, stevemart said:

I spotted one once on AS. He/she had stolen some pics by an artist couple in London. It was a bit embarrassing for AS because the thief was in their super-seller of the week section when I spotted it. I sent the artist couple an email, their agent sent a DMCA notice to AS and the stolen pics were gone within 6 hours. By 24 hours his whole port was gone. It can be done if they're bothered which SS isn't!

Great story, Steve! With a successful ending. That's how it should be! :)

One thing people can do is instead of (or in addition to) sending the DMCA to Shutterstock, you can send it to the ISP instead. While the result is the same, might be a bit faster since it becomes an issue for someone other than just Shutterstock.

4 hours ago, Rudy Matchinga said:

All content in the port is now gone.

Wow! Now that's what I call a result....like it should be. I always think it strange that a thief, once spotted, is often given some leeway. A couple of images are removed because those are the ones spotted and complained about by the authors. Thieves are almost invariably SERIAL OFFENDERS! They don't stop with stealing one or two. I suppose it is presumed guilty before being proven innocent but these thieves can almost never prove themselves to be innocent.