Content contains noise, film grain, compression artifacts, pixelation, and/or posterization that detracts from the main subject.

5 hours ago, Cameron Dunn said:

this happens when i do pictures of clouds, but yet Isee other people do pictures of clouds, what am i doing wrong?

1.png

Clouds and sky are kind of tricky to keep clean from noise. If you shoot at somewhat high iso or even slightly overdo with post-processing it is very easy to introduce noise and artefacts. Closely look at your photo at 100% resolution and you will probably find that the system got it right about the noise/artefacts. 

8 hours ago, Ackab Photography said:

Clouds and sky are kind of tricky to keep clean from noise. If you shoot at somewhat high iso or even slightly overdo with post-processing it is very easy to introduce noise and artefacts. Closely look at your photo at 100% resolution and you will probably find that the system got it right about the noise/artefacts. 

thank you you and everyone is so very kind i am new on here

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

I knew you were going to say that.

But he's stealing my lines. 😉

2 hours ago, Cameron Dunn said:

thank you you and everyone is so very kind i am new on here

Fair enough. Post a link to the image, full size. If you are worried, slap a couple lines or watermarks on it. No one can see the issues on a tiny websize image.

In general, large areas of sky are going to get rejected for noise or artifacts. If you sharpened the image, then BAM you just added noise to the sky and clouds. Personally I say "never sharpen any image" although some people do that. I don't because it just ruins the shot, introduces grain, pixelation and noise.

And many times it's just a reviewer randomly clicking rejections IMO. I've been getting that rejection a lot on footage shot on the same equipment same lighting as clips accepted. I resubmit and 95% of the time they're accepted the second time around without any changes in the clip. No rhyme or reason for some rejections.

I get the same crap frequently now and 6 to 12 months ago I hardly ever got a rejection, yet every now and then a whole batch goes through with no rejections often from some of the same shoot. My photos are generally all accepted by my other 4 stock sites so I don't bother reuploading here.
I shoot low light scenes frequently, I do check my photos for noise at 100 per cent. I have just decided that for most rejections it is the AI's algorithm. Fair enough there may be some that should be rejected but if 4 out of 5 stock sites accept them then the 5th ie Shutterstock just misses out and can stay missing out.