Video levels - early promotion?

Somewhat confused...

Just received an email saying ive gone up to the next level in video.

OK, great..Party time...

The issue is i've had just under 50% of the total downloads required to reach the next level.

Email said ive gone up, contributor dashboard says so as well.

What are the odds any future sales are going to be adjusted back off me?  Or have i sold a lot more videos that never showed up in the dashboard?

The email and dashboard updated right now, a good 6 hours after i last sold any video.

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

Was just coming in to post a thread about this too. I'm still two vid sales short of next level but hoping the sales just weren't displaying yet. But 50% short then it sounds like a glitch with SS auto emails.

Don't think its just emails as its showing on the actual dashboard as well.

Got a horrible feeling SS will make "adjustments" and remove any extra revenue at some point.

2 hours ago, blvdone said:

I thought Shutterstock has corrected the unfair video level system.

Exactly what I thought!  Hooray, they finally realized the video levels are set up wrong!

Nope. Oh well.

16 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi everybody,

Thanks for reporting this. Not sure what the issue is, but our team is taking a look and we'll give you an update when we've restored folks to the proper level.

Best,

K

Oh well, it sounded good for a little while?

11 hours ago, Ackab Photography said:

So it looks like that, contrary to popular belief, someone from SS is reading the forums after all.

If you had a couple of yapping little dogs, nipping at your heels, all day long and every day, would you respond to them or pay attention, or just tune them out? Of course someone from SS looks and monitors, but you aren't going to get a reply or interaction to the endless crying and complaining. In other words, we get ignored because of a small number of people who bring the whole forum down to their level of never ending complaints and attacks.

Thank Them for creating an atmosphere with no active personal support responses.

15 hours ago, Ackab Photography said:

So it looks like that, contrary to popular belief, someone from SS is reading the forums after all.

I think Kate is actually with us creators in this struggle too.  Probably like 2/3 of their employees are too because many of them themselves are creators and regular folks struggling.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi everybody,

Thanks for reporting this. Not sure what the issue is, but our team is taking a look and we'll give you an update when we've restored folks to the proper level.

Best,

K

I"m presuming this still isn't fixed and the sales I just made today will be "adjusted" at some point. My system still shows I'm one level above where the downloads say I should be.

I notice im back down to L2 now with no notification.

So SS emailed to say a promotion, kept it very quiet when reducing everyone back down a level.....

For the majority of posters who DONT read this forum, would it not have been good manners to email them admitting to an error and it was now resolved?