I'm sure this has been answered before, but for the life of me I can't find it. Even Googling only shows results with broken links. I recently had an 'Enhanced' download, but I have no idea what that means. In my earnings summary, there's Subscription - Enhanced - On Demand -etc... I'm unsure of Enhanced and On Demand. Can someone please shed some light?

Like I mentioned, I did search, but found nothing that actually explain what those licenses mean.

5 hours ago, tanovak said:

I'm sure this has been answered before, but for the life of me I can't find it. Even Googling only shows results with broken links. I recently had an 'Enhanced' download, but I have no idea what that means. In my earnings summary, there's Subscription - Enhanced - On Demand -etc... I'm unsure of Enhanced and On Demand. Can someone please shed some light?

Like I mentioned, I did search, but found nothing that actually explain what those licenses mean.

You can find this information on the start page:

https://www.shutterstock.com/license

There are different types of licences and different ways to buy them. Both are reflected in the way we see sales on our earnings summary page.

Enhanced licences are few and far between because most people don't need to buy one of them to use our images. The vast majority will be standard licences. 

To summarise (and generalise): Subscription is standard licence bought through a subscription package, On Demand is a standard licence bought on an On Demand package, Enhanced is purchase of an enhanced licence, Single and other is purchase of a one off licence or anything else that doesn't fit into the other headings. For more accurate detail check the link Wilm gave and this one for the buyers https://www.shutterstock.com/pricing 

Years ago when ELs paid $28 and SODs didnt exist they were important.

Then they slashed the price of ELs.

But also introduced SODs.

I find the large SOD sales (This month the biggest $67) have almost totally replaced EL sales now.  I get 1-2 ELs a year.

You guys are awesome! I knew the explanation was here somewhere, I just wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks for the quick responses. I don't have a large portfolio, and was quite surprised to see a sale above the usual $.10 (that's another topic altogether), and was curious what it meant.