• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An ode to @Kate Shutterstock   Dear Shutterstock Kate Is it too late To find a space in your heart To give @geogif a new start?   I miss his translated text Who

I miss Geogif, he has a great sense of humor, sarcasm , and not just Geogif, too many forum members are gone , this forum without them is boring.

Dear @Kate Shutterstock. I want to ask if @geogif can come back on the forum. I miss his answers. Just as by the way, I miss your fellow admins too. But I assume that is Shutterstock's policy, which

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Lopez Foppiani said:

What do you mean by this?

He kept talking about the great amount of photos. But many were very similar. It was a long time ago, but I think there were more people (Geogif?) who were surprised that they were not disapproved of as similar.

Here you can see what I mean: www.shutterstock.com/nl/g/Grossinger 2   and www.shutterstock.com/nl/g/Grossinger 3

On 2/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, Benedek Alpar said:

Good for Joe, he achieved his goal.

Benedek, the origin of Joe's activities was that he wanted to prove that the sheer mass of images - regardless of quality - would inevitably lead to more downloads and revenue than a significantly smaller quantity of images from those who focused on quality.

However, we don't know whether he has achieved his actual goal, because he has only ever provided assertions and no figures.

At the same time, it has to be said that it is very difficult to make a reliable statement about this divergent philosophy. Ultimately, there would have had to be someone who started at shutterstock at exactly the same time as Joe and who represents the credo "class not mass". The two of them - Joe and the fictitious other - could possibly have provided an answer to this interesting question in a direct comparison. As it is, we will never know the answer.

I was a lurker back in 2019 and it was entertaining watching the epic debates about quality vs quantity. Joe@Grossingerdid upload a lot of similars but he also achieved level 2 pretty quickly as I recall. He had ambition and go-get-it attitude which was quite inspiring really, showing that relative new contributors can actually make some money in this if they put in the effort. Would be interesting to hear how his port is performing these days.   

10 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Benedek, the origin of Joe's activities was that he wanted to prove that the sheer mass of images - regardless of quality - would inevitably lead to more downloads and revenue than a significantly smaller quantity of images from those who focused on quality.

However, we don't know whether he has achieved his actual goal, because he has only ever provided assertions and no figures.

At the same time, it has to be said that it is very difficult to make a reliable statement about this divergent philosophy. Ultimately, there would have had to be someone who started at shutterstock at exactly the same time as Joe and who represents the credo "class not mass". The two of them - Joe and the fictitious other - could possibly have provided an answer to this interesting question in a direct comparison. As it is, we will never know the answer.

It's true that he didn't provide figures, but he made the mistage of showing his eaning charts and at some point had  a SOD where he said how much he made from it when he bragged about and that SOD was clearly visible in the chart so his figures could be easily deducted from that and they were not impressinve at all. I made way more than him with a port not even half that size at that time.  However, when I showed my chart im comparison he would refuse to believe it, saying it could have easily been altered... 😛 He was so set on believing that the quanitity over quality method was the only efficient one, that he simply refused to believe anything else, even when proof was shown to him. I don't know how well he is doing nowadays, but back at that time, when he claimed that he would just upload 10K images and the money would keep "rolling in" that money that kept rolling in was just pocket change in my eyes.
He also had this really strange notion that uploading to multiple agencies was not efficient. Baiscally he made a lot of claims, but always refused to back it up with proof. If he made that much money, he could have easily shown his earnings - only he didn't.

9 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

I was a lurker back in 2019 and it was entertaining watching the epic debates about quality vs quantity. Joe@Grossingerdid upload a lot of similars but he also achieved level 2 pretty quickly as I recall. He had ambition and go-get-it attitude which was quite inspiring really, showing that relative new contributors can actually make some money in this if they put in the effort. Would be interesting to hear how his port is performing these days.   

Joe had a goal to reach 10.000 uploaded images within a year to prove that volume is king. No matter the quality. A large port of images - even of a low quality - ment a lot of money. He didn’t reach the 10.000 images - but almost. He worked on his goal all day (and night?), he drove thousands of miles to shoot and he bragged and degraded others in this forum.

It was was indeed  interesting and fun to read his posts at first but they became more and more intimidating and infuriated along the way as he teamed up with some others who also have left the forum. 

But he would never never talk about earnings. When the year almost have passed he gave up. He is still uploading lots of similar with weird poses with himself and his wife (?) so he must be earning something, but he realised the the huge amount of travelling around didn’t pay off.

6 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Joe had a goal to reach 10.000 uploaded images within a year to prove that volume is king and earn a lot of money. No matter the quality. He didn’t reach it - but almost. He worked on his goal all day (and night?), he drove thousands of miles to shoot and he bragged and degraded others in this forum.

It was was indeed  interesting and fun to read his posts at first but they became more and more intimidating and infuriated along the way as he yeamed up with some others who also have left the forum. 

But he would never never talk about earnings. When the year almost have passed he gave up. He is still uploading lots and lots of poses with himself and his wife (?) so he must be earning something, but he realised the the huge amount of travelling around didn’t pay off.

Maybe a separate topic about Joe? Oleschwander?

On 2/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, Thijs de Graaf said:

He kept talking about the great amount of photos. But many were very similar. It was a long time ago, but I think there were more people (Geogif?) who were surprised that they were not disapproved of as similar.

Here you can see what I mean: www.shutterstock.com/nl/g/Grossinger 2   and www.shutterstock.com/nl/g/Grossinger 3

Amazing. And the same artificial intelligence or reviewer rejects 2 of my photos from different angles in one batch with the reason there is already a similar photo!

9 minutes ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

Amazing. And the same artificial intelligence or reviewer rejects 2 of my photos from different angles in one batch with the reason there is already a similar photo!

Yes it is, but this is not about Joe (should make a separate topic anyway  😉) but about that poor Geogif they banned.

3 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Yes it is, but this is not about Joe (should make a separate topic anyway  😉) but about that poor Geogif they banned.

You have opened up Pandora's box Thijs and let out the genii, the worms and the hornets all at once. It's out of control now 🙂

I would like @Scorsby to return as he always made me smile along with all the rest.

This is to everyone who has left the forum, voluntarily, or not.

21 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

You have opened up Pandora's box Thijs and let out the genii, the worms and the hornets all at once. It's out of control now 🙂

I would like @Scorsby to return as he always made me smile along with all the rest.

This is to everyone who has left the forum, voluntarily, or not.

Yes there it does look like Debbie. They jump in all directions. 😕

Coincidentally I know about Geogif, but I don't know about others who have quietly disappeared.
No idea how many have been sent away.

Beautiful song!!

34 minutes ago, njene said:

Useless goal

its like some trying to improve in becoming a better portrait artist , but drawing 10000 stick figures isn’t going to help you reach that goal

And SS didn’t help by putting the skids under him with the new price structure. If I were he then I would be pretty p****d off after all that effort.

1 hour ago, njene said:

Useless goal

its like some trying to improve in becoming a better portrait artist , but drawing 10000 stick figures isn’t going to help you reach that goal

28 minutes ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

And SS didn’t help by putting the skids under him with the new price structure. If I were he then I would be pretty p****d off after all that effort.

Hope you also agree with my question to Kate.
I didn't know it is so difficult to close the Pandora's box. 😉