I've heard that many contributors were banned from Shutterstock last year when Shutterstock started the new royalty structure system.  What kind of horrible things did they write?  Were there any other reasons why they were banned?

They were both banned from Shutterstock.  One contributor's payment has been withheld. 

https://www.[do_not_advertise_other_microstock_groups]/shutterstock-com/banned-payment-withheld-no-response/msg0/?topicseen#new

They ignore low levels of it.

But when it brings really bad publicity (which their brutal treatment of contributors deservedly caused) they went mad and banned lots.

Everything is about corporate image.  I mean you'd never ever want to mention TrustPilot for example on their social media.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Indeed but without the complete absence of democracy and free will and also without the totalitarian state. 

This is not a freedom site SS owns it, they can make rules like they want. Why would anybody care about a forum filled with lies from @blvdone and @Former_Poster that fill the messages with nothing but stupid shit. There's nothing here anymore but the two clown show slapping each other and falling down.

6 hours ago, blvdone said:

I've heard that many contributors were banned from Shutterstock last year when Shutterstock started the new royalty structure system.  What kind of horrible things did they write?  Were there any other reasons why they were banned?

They were both banned from Shutterstock.  One contributor's payment has been withheld. 

https://www.[do_not_advertise_other_microstock_groups]/shutterstock-com/banned-payment-withheld-no-response/msg0/?topicseen#new

He says he doesn't know why he was banned and his tax documents are out of date.

5 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

Quite a few were banned from forums AND Shutterstock for speaking out about it as you said.

More again were banned from the forums for complaining (me included!)

Quite a few of many, how many can you be specific or are you just repeating one of you lies.

5 hours ago, blvdone said:

So we can't complain here?

You seem to be for months and you aren't banned are you.

3 hours ago, James R Poston said:

That was one of the most STUPID things I have heard. But, that is Shutterstock for you.

After he was warned a few times to stop.

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Thanks. I think that's a shame. I usually read his reactions. Never understood why Geogif is no longer welcome on the forum.

I agree he was funny and smart. Don't know why he was banned and idiots like @blvdone and @Former_Poster can write lies and make up claims with no moderation. Bring back @geogif

17 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Thanks. I think that's a shame. I usually read his reactions. Never understood why Geogif is no longer welcome on the forum.

I have PM'd you about this. I lost the ability to PM for a while but it has miraculously returned.  I won't necessarily be quick at picking them up though as I need to log in to do that and I can only log in on my PC now.  The ability to log into the forum on my phone has now been lost for some strange reason.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

I have PM'd you about this. I lost the ability to PM for a while but it has miraculously returned.  I won't necessarily be quick at picking them up though as I need to log in to do that and I can only log in on my PC now.  The ability to log into the forum on my phone has now been lost for some strange reason.

Thanks.
Have returned a PM. I always use the computer. I only use my old telephone (hand-me-down from my wife) for calling. Actually only if I have a breakdown with the car or something like that. 🙂

19 hours ago, blvdone said:

I wasn't talking about banned from the forum, but banned from contributing to Shutterstock and the account closed.

I remember there were also complaints on the forum. But sometimes they were rightly banned because they used other people's photos / illustrations.
One time, Shutterstock was wrong. Our admin Alexander then helped him after everything had already been cleaned. He got all his images back.
It is therefore difficult to assess whether an account has been closed correctly.
We also often complain that Shutterstock does nothing against thieves.
The problem is that Alexander or another admin on the forum can no longer be asked for help.

2 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

The ability to log into the forum on my phone has now been lost for some strange reason.

Same here. As a matter of fact, as soon as I try it locks my account (only on my phone) for 14 minutes. 

I guess it's in line with their policy "You pay more, you get less"

9 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

The problem is that Alexander or another admin on the forum can no longer be asked for help.

He is a good guy and he really tried.

We went through a lot of nice and capable moderators over the years, but as soon as they became a little bit too cozy on the forums they all disappeared. Kate is still here, she is nice and she tries, but her hands are obviously tied and  it seems they picked her to be the bearer of bad news, err..... I mean new developments.

To say (for once) something nice about SS, I would that, in my view, SS has always virtually been surprisingly tolerant around the writings in the forum. Both for critizism and mentioning of competitors. That said even if I have been banned myself (understandable!). One exeption is what Alex mentions above. But again, thats why the SS forum always have been lively and interesting. Not so much any more unfortunately - it seems like it have died along with the 10 cent payments. I used to open my iPad every morning and happily look at the sales and the writings at the forum. That pleasure is over.   

22 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

I used to open my iPad every morning and happily look at the sales and the writings at the forum. That pleasure is over.   

Well......some of us still love you

Having said that, I agree. The forums were most of the time fairly pleasant and open to a point they became addictive. At one point it was easier to quit smoking (25 years ago for me) than to quit the forums, but not anymore. The forum was called "Anything Goes" (for real), but they changed it into Anything Went