Can I resubmit the image after I corrected it based on the rejection reason from last round?

Hi everyone! So I'm a new contributor on ShutterStock and I'm a little confused by the review process - if I submitted one image then got rejected for one reason, can I resubmit this image after I corrected it based on the reason I got? I did tried it, and what I got is another different rejected reason for the same image... 

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Shutterstock’s review system!

As you will discover, your images will often be rejected for unjustifiable and nonsensical reasons. As an example, I recently had a photo of a tree rejected because it was apparently, out of focus, when it clearly wasn’t. This forum is littered with posts from frustrated contributors with identical stories of rejections for reasons that don’t exist. 

As for your question, try just resubmitting the photo and see what happens. Often it will get accepted on the second or third time, without you having to rework the shot. 

On 2/14/2021 at 6:53 AM, elaineys said:

Hi everyone! So I'm a new contributor on ShutterStock and I'm a little confused by the review process - if I submitted one image then got rejected for one reason, can I resubmit this image after I corrected it based on the reason I got? I did tried it, and what I got is another different rejected reason for the same image... 

Yes, you can submit rejected images as many times as you like so long as you try to address the rejection reason. Sometimes you may not agree with the rejection reason in which case just resubmit as it is, but if you get the same rejection reason presume they are right and you are wrong and try to rectify the issue. Repeatedly submitting the same image without addressing the rejection reason is against the TOS, so don't do that.

But yes, in general it is normal and OK to resubmit images after rejections. 

Reviewers should give all reasons for the rejection (if there are multiple issues) but that doesn't always happen. Also one reviewer may see an issue that another didn't notice or thought was OK. Hense a different rejection reason after resubmitting.
Treat it as a learning experience to improve your photography and stock skills, and to understand what SS find acceptable and what they don't.

There will always be occasions when reviewers be it human or bots get it wrong, but that's what we have to work, with so as I said, if you don't agree resubmit without changes, if it goes through that's great, if not, presume they are right and make changes before trying again :)