Shutter stock has reversed my payment with out any proof.
This is not my fault. If some other person has not paid them dues then how come it is my responsibility to pay  the amount. Moreover there is no proof that Shutter stock have not got the payment. I have been using it for 3 years and it has never happened before. Please help me.

Adjustments earnings.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, indian textile prints said:

Shutter stock has reversed my payment with out any proof.
This is not my fault. If some other person has not paid them dues then how come it is my responsibility to pay  the amount. Moreover there is no proof that Shutter stock have not got the payment. I have been using it for 3 years and it has never happened before. Please help me.

Adjustments earnings.jpg

I haven't had that with shutterstock yet. But with other agencies. It was almost always the case that payment was made with an unsecured credit card. The annoyance that always remained was not that money was charged back from the contributors, but that these buyers could probably still use the images, even though they had not paid. Because the images had already been downloaded before the scam was discovered.

4 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I haven't had that with shutterstock yet. But with other agencies. It was almost always the case that payment was made with an unsecured credit card. The annoyance that always remained was not that money was charged back from the contributors, but that these buyers could probably still use the images, even though they had not paid. Because the images had already been downloaded before the scam was discovered.

Haven't had that yet either with SS. Once or twice in the old days with FT before it became AS. It is really quite ridiculous that the agency sticks it to the contributor with the financial burden of fraud whilst the contributor is the one whose image license has been fraudulently obtained and (ab)used. When SS takes 2/3rds of everything they make on licensing our copyrights, the least we should expect is that they take the hit for fraud because we can't do anything to prevent it and they can. Only they can put systems in place to prevent being robbed and we can't.....so why is it the contributor that suffers? It's like...oh dear, we've given away some of your images for free but you have to pay us back anyway!!!!

I'm still amused, and confused, that the scammers don't buy a subscription and download a maximum number of images, instead of buying a single high value OD? What's with that? Or they could buy a 10 pack, much cheaper. Something is wrong with the whole deal.

Another possibility is SS accounting messed up and instead of 29 cents, was crediting people with $29 (for example), so not fraud, just an internal accounting error.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:44 PM, Former_Poster said:

Several threads on this.

SS appears to have had a big problem in January either from large scale fraud or their own systems screwing up a level change.

Right and we don't even know if an image was downloaded for a sub and improperly recorded, meaning nothing was stolen at all. Seems like everyone who gets these reversals, assumes they lost a big sale and someone stole an image. There are other possible answers, other than theft, fraud or losing a big commission.