Scientific names in the title of photo in the Category 'Nature'

• 1 month later...

I don't include them in the title but put them in the keywords only.  As far as I remember this has never been a problem.  It use to be that when someone used a specific keyword (i.e. scientific name) it didn't matter if it was not in the title (but just a key word) the search would find your image.  I assume that at least that has not changed.  Good luck!

On 2/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, Aleksandr Naumenko said:

Hello!
Second time during one week, my photo were rejected because of scientific name in the title of photo. Last time was today.
The title of rejected photos: "Winter blooming daffodils, Narcissus romieuxii"
Scientific names are usual for category 'Nature', especially for plants. Sometime it is important to add them to title. 
What to do?

Did the rejection say "scientific name in a title" or what exactly did it say? Is the rejection actually something like: "Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess,"

Which means there are numerous other possible reasons for the rejection, beyond scientific name.

https://support.submit.shutterstock.com/s/article/Why-was-my-content-rejected-for-Title?language=en_US

Which says: Acceptable non-English words that can be included in the title/description are the scientific Latin names of plants and animals and names of people, places, and locations.

So maybe it's not what you asked and assumed? Or the Bots are stupid computers and they rejected your image in error. Also a possibility.

Real short. Scientific names are supposed to be allowed in the Title/Descriptions.

brackets and quotes and other characters are not?