For me, downloads continue to hold up. I had more downloads in January 2021 than I had in January 2020 and February is on course to match or do better than February 2020.

The problem is too many $0.10 subs and not enough ODDs and SODs. Because of that, revenue is down by a lot. In fact, even if we still had the old system, revenue would be down compared to 2020.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's an interesting sentence on the "unlimited" page (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/business/shutterstock-unlimited): "We follow the most rigorous licensing standards in the industry to ensure ar

Well looks like Shutterstock has joined AS and P5 in a collapse of sales so deep and sudden it defies my understanding. At this time of the month in February 2020, I was sitting at $53.70. Moving to s

Got a small boost with a video sale for $8.27 but I don't know how contributors with images alone (exception of those with many thousands or a niche) can do this. Almost every image download is 10 cen

Posted Images

February usually my worst month most years. 

This year,  it surpasses my Jan income.

Also back to Level 5 yesterday.

I have this feeling that Level 4 seems to bring in more SODs. In comparison to Level 1, 2, 3 and I don't even recall I received that many SOD from past year when I was in level 5. Anyway I have no way to find out.

At the end of the day, whichever level we are, we will inevitably still see a lot of 10 cents? So EL, SODs and ODD make all the difference.

Feb SOD 2018 = $ 95

Feb SOD 2019  = $ 76

Feb SOD 2020 = $ 48

Feb SOD 2021 = $ 157 

22 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Congrats Primus1, I'm having a shocker month here on Subberstock. So far much better on P5 and AS this month while it was the opposite in January.

Wondering how @Doug Jensenis going so far this year?

O! :(

How did I miss that! I am sorry, Steven! Aplogize!

Thank you very much! :) Hope your numbers will work for you better soon, Steven. I hope. You know, one month up, another down. That is the way it is and that is all.

Steven and Alex: Images say more than words. I'm sorry to see that... 😢

Chy: 

Wow! Congratulations for reaching level 5 again already. That's really an incredible achievement with your portfolio size!

As for the SODs, it's pure lottery. It's just a matter of luck whether bigger SODs come in or not. I checked the February months for the last few years. For me, the SOD income ranged from $4.48 to $137.58. So far in February 2021, it's an impressive $20.16.

As for the $0.10, I agree with you. My morning started with 6 x 0.10. 

Primus:

Congrats to you as well! I wish you more downloads like this!

16 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Chy: 

Wow! Congratulations for reaching level 5 again already. That's really an incredible achievement with your portfolio size!

As for the SODs, it's pure lottery. It's just a matter of luck whether bigger SODs come in or not. I checked the February months for the last few years. For me, the SOD income ranged from $4.48 to $137.58. So far in February 2021, it's an impressive $20.16.

Primus:

Hi, Wilm!

Thank you very much for your wishes! Appreciated. :) Sharing your hopes.

I wish you same; as many as possible god SOD sales; since you are pro artist I do not have any single doubt. :)

39 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Chy: 

Primus:

Thanks, Wilm.

Agreed with what you said regarding SOD is akin to a lottery. Although, a small SOD is still way better than pennies! 😁 

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

O! :(

How did I miss that! I am sorry, Steven! Aplogize!

Thank you very much! :) Hope your numbers will work for you better soon, Steven. I hope. You know, one month up, another down. That is the way it is and that is all.

No worries, and yes true - it is a month up / month down, so hopefully better next month. Adobe Stock and Pond5 have helped a bit this month fortunately.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:49 AM, Primus1 said:

Great Feb 2021! Just become better as Feb 2020. New record in new structure, a clip for $256 sold out. ;) Got % of it, of course, not complete number! Surprised, surprised ...

----

Mistake! Levels ... Clip was sold for $320! Sorry.

Congrats Primus!!

I just got $100 royalty from $169 4k video sale on my Pond5 exclusive account yesterday.  60% royalty is cool!!  I love it.

At my current 25% royalty level on Shutterstock, I had to sell a clip for $400 special license to get $100 on Shutterstock.  But I'm sure 4k video files are thrown away by video subscription which I get only $3 often, not $100.  Even the HD sales on Pond5 exclusive are more than 2x RPD you get on Shutterstock.  Nice!!

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 7.51.23 AM.png

60% (or even 40%) is nice but ultimately for me, P5 video sales in Feb = 5.

In SS = 36

It just doesnt shift the bulk needed for me to earn any useful income.  Stalled at a few hundred a month and has been for years.

(AS was on fire this month with video though)

1 hour ago, blvdone said:

Congrats Primus!!

I just got $100 royalty from $169 4k video sale on my Pond5 exclusive account yesterday.  60% royalty is cool!!  I love it.

At my current 25% royalty level on Shutterstock, I had to sell a clip for $400 special license to get $100 on Shutterstock.  But I'm sure 4k video files are thrown away by video subscription which I get only $3 often, not $100.  Even the HD sales on Pond5 exclusive are more than 2x RPD you get on Shutterstock.  Nice!!

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 7.51.23 AM.png

Thank you very much, BlvDone! :)

Congratulations for even better result at your place!

Yes, those royalties are great. I agree. I am on a way happy, P5 sells one sort of my clips, SS another. So it is combined some how.

36 minutes ago, Robert Bociaga Olk Bon said:

hi all

i have nearly made my first 100 this year earning me slightly over 20 USD, i don't know if I should celebrate haha

I remember last year that after passing 100 sold photos, I was still making 0.10 USD on some of them, so whats the point of the second stage????

The good news is, if you manage to sell 24,901 more images to reach level 6....You can still earn $0.10 on many sales.

This month has been rotten on shutterstock. I'd be quartered by four stallions for suggesting this (but it actually makes me hopeful in one way) that this current unexplained deep and sudden drop in sales, and in particular video sales, is due to the algorithm. It's been like having a physical shop on a busy street where you have a steady stream of customers visiting and purchasing each day, indeed with some variation which is predictable and aligns with trends, then suddenly, all else being equal, no visits and purchases, even though the streets outside remain busy with shoppers passing by the shopfront. Defies logic and normal course of events.

image.png.64d9c5ba6707a82c9b77e8151b579434.png