• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's an interesting sentence on the "unlimited" page (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/business/shutterstock-unlimited): "We follow the most rigorous licensing standards in the industry to ensure ar

Got a small boost with a video sale for $8.27 but I don't know how contributors with images alone (exception of those with many thousands or a niche) can do this. Almost every image download is 10 cen

Well, I am relatively new to SS, starting last Sept/Oct, and usually earned $30-50 per month. Now I have ~3000 images, and Feb has been the best month so far with $ 116. Three big sales of $44, $25 an

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stevemart said:

Going to be interesting to see the Q4 profits of SS for 2020 (11th Feb) vs Q1 for 2021 where their bottom line gets the boost from all our losses....and every year going forward as long as this policy of reversion to level#1 in January of every year is in place. Maybe Q4 figures won't be so good and the stock price dips so that senior management can buy in extra stock/options in expectation of blowout profits for Q1 2021. 🙃 That is the way the system works innit?

Such a bloodsucking corporate monster SS has become.  How do they sleep at night?

I tend to find AS does "Turbo boost" months and always had done.

Maybe a way the algorithm works etc.

Quite often i see a 4-6 week period where its flying along then drops back and repeats.

The overall trend for them is up though and has been for a long time.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, Milo J said:

So far, AS is beating SS big time for me. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not a single decent sale here yet, while AS keeps gifting me with $3.30 subscriptions.

But February has just begun, so sitting back and watching the race play out.

last month ( December ) I made more money on IS than on SS in January... just enough to buy a few coffees but it says it all on  how bad SS has become for me. AS not too well either ALAMY only 2 sales but made more than SS, AS and IS together.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Interesting....hmmmm! One thing I did notice when clicking on the authors of the images is that all the images appear to be in Shutterstock Premier (whatever that is??). And if us peasants ain't innit, there ain't no way we can winnit! 🙃

25 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Interesting....hmmmm!

Is it? I've read the article too but they don't say clearly what they are doing to us.

Of course, it is very convenient for the buyer to have unlimited downloads and uses but what about the contributors?

I think this is the moment when they give our images away for free most of the time and we'll get some peanuts once in a while. We will never find out anyway.

26 minutes ago, stevemart said:

if us peasants ain't innit, there ain't no way we can winnit!

54 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Interesting....hmmmm! One thing I did notice when clicking on the authors of the images is that all the images appear to be in Shutterstock Premier (whatever that is??). And if us peasants ain't innit, there ain't no way we can winnit! 🙃

https://support.shutterstock.com/s/article/what-is-shutterstocks-premier-license?language=en_US

2 hours ago, Tim photo-video said:

They offered $ 100 in PM for a photo, provided that I remove this photo from all stocks and sign a contract. Who faced this? Does this make sense? The photo was recently uploaded and hasn't even been sold yet. The tree photo itself.

I would go for that. Chances of that pic earning $100 otherwise is small. Plus, you live in Siberia, no shortage of snow. You can always shoot another one like that.

Well looks like Shutterstock has joined AS and P5 in a collapse of sales so deep and sudden it defies my understanding. At this time of the month in February 2020, I was sitting at $53.70. Moving to same time of the month in February 2021, and sales are at $3.36. I looked back over 2019 and seen that I had better sales income when I had a port with less than half the images and ZERO videos. I hope this is transitory and things pick up because I doubt I will put up with this shit month after month.   

On a pace to 2x January's sales, but 1/2 the sales of February 2020.  If this low sales continue, or I find out that the low price video subscription sales on Shutterstock is taking away full price sales from Adobe Stock and Pond5, I'll have to un-license my video portfolio again to protect my revenue.  Every time I see those sub $10 video subscription sales, it's infuriating making me wonder if it's worth it selling videos here.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:33 AM, Steven Tritton said:

Well looks like Shutterstock has joined AS and P5 in a collapse of sales so deep and sudden it defies my understanding. At this time of the month in February 2020, I was sitting at $53.70. Moving to same time of the month in February 2021, and sales are at $3.36. I looked back over 2019 and seen that I had better sales income when I had a port with less than half the images and ZERO videos. I hope this is transitory and things pick up because I doubt I will put up with this shit month after month.   

In Stan's own words, this is surely the main reason on Sstock:

'In order to provide more insight into the evolution of our business, we are introducing three new KPIs to investors this quarter that we track internally and believe are important for our business, particularly as we transition primarily towards a subscription-based model. We expect to always have some meaningful non-subscription component of our business, including Editorial and Custom, but expect that it will become a minority of our revenues over time'.

'Second, as I mentioned previously, clients increasingly prefer to purchase content via subscription model, digital advertiser' space and accelerated demand for fresher creative content in order to capture and retain attention from their audiences. In order to drive towards higher-performing and fresh content in the beginning of June, we evolved our royalty structure to better align our contributor incentives with our own, and we expect this will result in a content library enabling the growth of current and future subscription product sales'.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4361410-shutterstock-inc-sstk-ceo-stan-pavlovsky-on-q2-2020-results-earnings-call-transcript

🙂

Every time i see a video sell for $3 i have a new incentive.

That incentive is to not submit further videos here and remove the popular, best selling ones ($1000s of dollars earned per clip) to avoid them being given away for worthless cents.

If his aim is to dissuade people from submitting good quality and just only put in their worthless crap, he's doing well.

1 hour ago, Former_Poster said:

Every time i see a video sell for $3 i have a new incentive.

That incentive is to not submit further videos here and remove the popular, best selling ones ($1000s of dollars earned per clip) to avoid them being given away for worthless cents.

If his aim is to dissuade people from submitting good quality and just only put in their worthless crap, he's doing well.

Can you re-submit the ones you deleted?

On 2/8/2021 at 8:39 PM, Studio 2 said:

There's an interesting sentence on the "unlimited" page (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/business/shutterstock-unlimited): "We follow the most rigorous licensing standards in the industry to ensure artists are treated fairly"

🤡🤡🤡   Reminds me of DJTs alternative facts - or they really believe it. 🤡🤡🤡

More good news on its way:

'We are not stopping here and have plans to aggressively innovate in 2021, both in terms of new subscription product rollouts and innovations in our product roadmap'.

Ooh, we got thanked:

'All right. Thank you. I'd like to once again convey my gratitude to and appreciation for Shutterstock's employees, customers, and contributors for their support and engagement'.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2021/02/11/shutterstock-inc-sstk-q4-2020-earnings-call-transc/

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Since yesterday, the pop-up-window asking me to participate in a survey has appeared for the fourth time. 4 times in 2 days! Are they so insecure at shutterstock what the providers think?

Everyone is doing surveys. I even got one from the bank after using their ATM. They are a royal pain in the bum.