• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's an interesting sentence on the "unlimited" page (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/business/shutterstock-unlimited): "We follow the most rigorous licensing standards in the industry to ensure ar

Got a small boost with a video sale for $8.27 but I don't know how contributors with images alone (exception of those with many thousands or a niche) can do this. Almost every image download is 10 cen

Well, I am relatively new to SS, starting last Sept/Oct, and usually earned $30-50 per month. Now I have ~3000 images, and Feb has been the best month so far with $ 116. Three big sales of $44, $25 an

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

Still very early days and things can change at any moment but my start is completely horrible. I never thought I would have to say this but for this month so far, Dreamstime is actually in the lead! It's not because Dreamstime is good but just how bad things are on my main three ports - SS, AS and P5.

The same here, Steven. Miserable start of the month! 

Up to now:
11   5.40   0.81    3.87   -   0.72

About one-seventh of the month. Converted to the end of the month, this would be 77   37.80.
That would be a record for me.
I'm not counting on that, because Friday, Saturday, Sunday are my worst selling days.
But I am satisfied.

Dutch proverb:
Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd.
Translated:
Anyone who does not honor the small, is not worth the great.  😃

Wow four days in and we're already moaning or cheering for February?

pbutton.jpg

I'll just say that I only got to nine 10c subs in a row before someone broke the streak. That's OK today I started again with three and I'm hoping I don't break my personal record of nine. (I think that's what it is? I didn't take notes) Darn how can I complain that I got a $2.05 sale? 🤪

Let me summarize the situation?

manhamp.gif

6 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

That's good to know Wilm, I was starting to feel alone in my struggle.

Today is acceptable so far concerning downloads, Steven. But yesterday, for example, there were only 12 – on a completely normal weekday.

I don't even want to talk about the revenues. In February, 5.7 times more at AS so far.

4 hours ago, richardernestyap said:

so sad why SS do this to their contributors...it doesn't make sense

It makes perfect sense for SS - they massively increase their profits and share price.

They dont give a shit about contributors and have worked out they really dont have to care at all about them.

So far, AS is beating SS big time for me. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not a single decent sale here yet, while AS keeps gifting me with $3.30 subscriptions.

But February has just begun, so sitting back and watching the race play out.

3 hours ago, Milo J said:

So far, AS is beating SS big time for me. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not a single decent sale here yet, while AS keeps gifting me with $3.30 subscriptions.

But February has just begun, so sitting back and watching the race play out.

AS beat SS last month for the first time ever (and Fotolia before that).

AS was slightly stronger than normal but ultimately SS being 60-70% lower than ever did it.

Looking on the MSG graph you can see AS overtake SS easily for earnings as expected.

P5 also beat SS last month and so far this month and thats never come close to happening before either.

Its looking like my top earning agency is now down to 3rd, maybe even 4th place overnight.

2 hours ago, Former_Poster said:

AS beat SS last month for the first time ever (and Fotolia before that).

AS was slightly stronger than normal but ultimately SS being 60-70% lower than ever did it.

Looking on the MSG graph you can see AS overtake SS easily for earnings as expected.

P5 also beat SS last month and so far this month and thats never come close to happening before either.

Its looking like my top earning agency is now down to 3rd, maybe even 4th place overnight.

So far in February 2021 11% more downloads and 34% less income compared to February 2020 at Shutterstock.

Level 4 ODs used to be $ 2,85 under the old earnings structure. Level 4 ODs now are $ 1,75, $ 1,98, $ 2,16, $ 2,45, $ 2,70, and so on.

Immense losses concerning subs, noticeable losses concerning ODs.

And I only had one SOD in February so far: $ 0,31. Yeah!

Of course AS is overtaking easily concerning income. But that's really not that difficult under those circumstances!

Those were good times when it was fun to look at Shutterstock earnings in the morning. Today it is sad and frustrating. And demotivating anyway. No more desire to upload anything here.

Going to be interesting to see the Q4 profits of SS for 2020 (11th Feb) vs Q1 for 2021 where their bottom line gets the boost from all our losses....and every year going forward as long as this policy of reversion to level#1 in January of every year is in place. Maybe Q4 figures won't be so good and the stock price dips so that senior management can buy in extra stock/options in expectation of blowout profits for Q1 2021. 🙃 That is the way the system works innit?

40 minutes ago, richardernestyap said:

just upgraded on level 2 but still gets .10 per images how is that so?

You will get the 10 cent subs even if you're on the highest level. It depends on what kind of package the buyer of the image has, if they have the cheapest option you will never get more than 10 cents.