My name is Noa, Ive been selling for few years in shutterstock. I have 145 photos and, 121 photos that have sold. for these 121 photos I recieved 28 dollars until now.

It seems that somthing is working for me but still i see almost nothing from it. 

it seems to me quite odd to recieve such a small amount for 121 of my photos that have been sold. does it come ever come up? 

sometimes i just want to erase my account and leave it because i dont seem to get enough hope from it. I would love to get some tips or advices for what to do in order to make more income from shutter stock. 

Hi Noa,

Until June 2020, you could earn more per photo if you sold more. The lowest payment was 0.25. If you had earned a lot, this could go up from 0.31 to 0.36.
That lowest payment has now changed to 0.10 to our anger. There are also packages for buyers where they pay more for a photo, which means we get more. There are different levels from June. In a higher level you get a higher percentage, but at the beginning of the year everyone starts over again.
Your average per photo is 28.00: 121 = 0.23 That is indeed not high.
Then most of your photos are sold for 0.25 and 0.10.
You therefore have very few photos. In any case, you will have to upload a lot more photos to get some benefit for now you stay in level 1 (You have been to many interesting places. I don't know if you have more suitable photos (my old photos are not sharp enough) and where are your new photos?) . Although you should not expect to get rich. Someone recently wrote that she had received more than $ 300 for a photo. But she had pictures of famous American politicians. Of course, the chance is greater that it will generate a lot of money than my photo of a ladybug.
Videos yield more.
Check out Pete's schedule and his explanation . He didn't make it himself (otherwise he will grumble at me 🙂 ).

Hi Noa, your photos are great. Being in Israel I'd suggest taking more photos (and videos) of landmark places in the region, where you can do so. They are internationally recognized landmarks so should be good sellers. Come back when you have at least 1000 photos and 100 videos and let's see how how much income growth you have achieved by then.     

On 1/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, Noa Siti Eliyahu said:

My name is Noa, Ive been selling for few years in shutterstock. I have 145 photos and, 121 photos that have sold. for these 121 photos I recieved 28 dollars until now.

It seems that somthing is working for me but still i see almost nothing from it. 

it seems to me quite odd to recieve such a small amount for 121 of my photos that have been sold. does it come ever come up? 

sometimes i just want to erase my account and leave it because i dont seem to get enough hope from it. I would love to get some tips or advices for what to do in order to make more income from shutter stock. 

Your real problem is you just don't have enough images in your port. 

It's not called microstock for nothing! We usually get a tiny amount for each image licenced, so the way to increase earnings is to sell more. The way to sell more is twofold. Numbers, the more you have in your port the more are available to buy. Then it's the trickier thing of having images that people actually want/need to buy. 1000 highly commercial images are going to sell more than 1000 stunning images that aren't any use to the buyers. Working out what sells for you takes time. 

There are contributors that do very well with microstock. What they have in common IMO, is treating it like a business, not a hobby. Lots of planning, strategizing, adapting to market trends, checking stats, on top of the basics of quality images, keywords, descriptions, and also not having all their eggs in one basket, by selling on other agencies too.

Your images are good, you should be able to do well. But that will depend on whether you are really motivated enough, only you can know that. Microstock like everything else involves a learning curve. That takes time and effort. If you enjoy the process that could be motivation enough and you'll do ok, if you hate it then may be it's not for you, it may be too much of a hard slog to earn what you are hoping for.

But I'd say don't give up too soon. And even if you do, keep your port open. You've already put the effort in to submit the images you have and you'll get a trickle of money without any more effort.

I'd suggest having a look at Steve's site so you can get an idea of what is possible. I've linked to one article but I'd have a good look around. It might help you to decide whether to move forward or call it a day. https://backyardsilver.com/is-stock-photography-for-you/

Good luck.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, Noa Siti Eliyahu said:

Some great photos in your portfolio, really love the work. So the skills are there, and apparently also some nice opportunities for rare and harder to find shots. All the ingredients are in place. As others told you now need to drastically ramp the number up in order to make some regular income. Make it a goal to reach 1000 photos, then you will start to see daily downloads and some money (still not a lot, let me tell you). At 3000-5000 strong photos the game will seriously change and you may start to see a significant income, instead of some pocket money. Unfortunately the game is tougher now with respect to some years ago, more competition, lower returns. You now need a big portfolio to see things moving. Also consider submitting to other agencies to multiply the income from the very same photos. Good luck!