Good news!! "Shutterstock Increases Quarterly Dividend by 24% to $0.21 per share"

More money more money more money!!!

"Commenting on the announcement, Stan Pavlovsky, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, said, "Our Board's decision to increase the dividend shows our commitment to return value to stockholders, as well as confidence in the future of our business.""

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shutterstock-increases-quarterly-dividend-24-213000110.html

30 minutes ago, blvdone said:

More money more money more money!!!

"Commenting on the announcement, Stan Pavlovsky, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, said, "Our Board's decision to increase the dividend shows our commitment to return value to stockholders, as well as confidence in the future of our business.""

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shutterstock-increases-quarterly-dividend-24-213000110.html

Wow what a deal, if I give them $70 to use to expand their business, advertise, Etc. they will give me a dollar a year dividend. This is so great that you should be a stock holder instead of an artist? :wacko: Or if you saved that dividend, every 70 years, you would have another share of stock. Sell your cameras and buy stock!

Now that I see your next post, I'm wrong. Go to college and become an overpaid CEO. Personally I think these people are getting at least $3.5 Million too much. But if he makes more than he's paid, then the corporation will be on his side. Anyone notice how so many of these top people have two year plans. That's all the longer most of them last.

Good news for some I suppose. However, as a dividend stock, it isn't especially interesting. A $70 stock pays $0.84 a year (4 quarterly dividends at $0.21 a quarter). By way of comparison, AT&T shares cost $29 each and pay a dividend of $2.08 a share (4 quarterly dividends of $0.52 a quarter). 

Shutterstock shares are only a good deal if you think they are going to appreciate past $70. Certainly the analyst consensus is that it is a 'buy' but you are doing it for the capital gain and not the dividend.

So, for me, it is keep your camera and buy stock. I'm just not convinced that SSTK is the one to buy. I'll still keep working with Shutterstock but as a contributor and not as a shareholder.

11 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Their Q1 announcement is going to be dynamite.  Massive increases for all except suppliers!

Personally, i still think the medium term plan is bump up the portfolio ready for a sale.

You don't make yourself attractive for a sale by giving cash away to shareholders. You do it by hoarding cash, reducing debt and increasing market share amongst other things.