Is motion blur and long exposure photos qualified?

Hendy,

If I'm not mistaken, this ("Rejected, because motion blur") is part of the rejection description for an image that is "out of focus".   As far as an image with motion blur, you're probably going to have a problem getting these images past the review process.  If you do submit one, make sure you include in the title "intentional blur" or something to that effect.  This might help but nothing can guarantee that your image will get past the Artificial Intelligence process which Shutterstock uses for reviews.

In my opinion, the problem is not that the image was created through a "long exposure" but that the camera was not held steady enough, which cause the focus to be less than tack sharp.  Unless the image is taken with an extremely fast shutter speed, "motion" (either of the subject or the camera) can cause an "out of focus" image.  I would suggest you use a tripod on your long exposure images or anything that approaches a long exposure (depending on your cameras stabilization capabilities, of course).

The review process is very poor here given the A.I. so I always double check a rejection for problems and then resubmit it.  This is not at all unusual, it's something you'll have to get use to if you plan on contributing here. 

https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/Why-was-my-content-rejected-for-Focus?l=en_US&c=ContributorKB%3AContent_Rejection_Reasons&fs=Search&pn=1

Content is entirely out of focus

Content is unintentionally soft

Focal point is not on the subject

Unintentional motion or camera blur

If the image looks unintentionally blurred or is simply out of focus because of motion, you will probably get a rejection.

17 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Mention on title “deliberate motion blur” on the 3rd attempt after AI filters to a monkey, I mean human 

Really? Do humans ever look at the images or descriptions anymore? I don't know either way.

night-long-exposure-composite-barge-600w

Motion blur is accepted but the whole image can't be just a blur. The water is somewhat blurred, the foliage and beacon are in focus. The passing barge (yeah, I bet some people wondered? 😉 is just lights on the side, streaks.) The clouds and Moon are stationary, soft, maybe not "sharp".

On 1/11/2021 at 10:48 PM, Hendy E. Putra said:

Hello everyone
I just started to upload photos to this platform 2 days ago. I want to ask is blur motion and long exposure photos is not qualified for Shutterstock? Because i submit at least 3 photos about it and the reviewer says "Rejected, because motion blur" for all of them

Thank you

Show us the image? If you want an opinion we need to see the image, or these are all just general guesses.

30 minutes ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Not too far from this nonsense they're AI is confused with deliberate bokeh.

No doubt about that, I've had the same problem, and going back to about 2008 when we had real humans instead of computer assisted. Mostly if the soft focus was in front, more than behind.

Attempt to submit about 8 hours after you've been submitting and mention the motion blur. Whoever/whatever is reviewing in the morning here in the pacific coast of the US, is incredibly brutal with their rejections. The same submissions about 6-8 hours later have gone through with no problems. You may be hitting the same reviewer who is clearly not happy with most photos.

55 minutes ago, Kirk Fisher said:

Attempt to submit about 8 hours after you've been submitting and mention the motion blur. Whoever/whatever is reviewing in the morning here in the pacific coast of the US, is incredibly brutal with their rejections. The same submissions about 6-8 hours later have gone through with no problems. You may be hitting the same reviewer who is clearly not happy with most photos.

Thanks I will try that.

3 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

No doubt about that, I've had the same problem, and going back to about 2008 when we had real humans instead of computer assisted. Mostly if the soft focus was in front, more than behind.

I’m so bored of this agency. It’s anti creative.

oh and I probably won’t reach a payout on here for the first time since February 2016 

1D80062D-6615-4CAD-B330-276150468CA5.jpeg

On 1/12/2021 at 5:48 AM, Hendy E. Putra said:

Hello everyone
I just started to upload photos to this platform 2 days ago. I want to ask is blur motion and long exposure photos is not qualified for Shutterstock? Because i submit at least 3 photos about it and the reviewer says "Rejected, because motion blur" for all of them

Thank you

It is entirely possible that your long exposure  images have motion blur (no tripod, tripod not steady etc..), in this case SS will not accept them (rightfully so).

I you could post an example of one of the rejected image here you may have some more informed advice on how to proceed.

18 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I’m so bored of this agency. It’s anti creative.

oh and I probably won’t reach a payout on here for the first time since February 2016 

1D80062D-6615-4CAD-B330-276150468CA5.jpeg

Well I hate to be like this, but the subject is a branch? 🤪

OK I get the idea, background shot, framed by the branch, room for text Etc. It's a classic. Probably not going to sell, but at least if people could see it, there would be a chance. Personally, the blue sets me off. I'd de-saturate that to a lighter grey?

But consider I'm not a Microstock Star and I have my own ideas and I've always said, everyone should be an individual and not rely on others to guide how they think. So have at that. I don't get upset much anymore when I get a "refusal". I hate that rejection word it's so negative.

Here's one of my non-sellers, not as well framed.

Cool weather, lakefront scene with snow clinging to trees, clouds, and waves. Large sky area for text. Winter shoreline. Copy Space

On 1/15/2021 at 2:10 PM, HodagMedia said:

Well I hate to be like this, but the subject is a branch? 🤪

OK I get the idea, background shot, framed by the branch, room for text Etc. It's a classic. Probably not going to sell, but at least if people could see it, there would be a chance. Personally, the blue sets me off. I'd de-saturate that to a lighter grey?

But consider I'm not a Microstock Star and I have my own ideas and I've always said, everyone should be an individual and not rely on others to guide how they think. So have at that. I don't get upset much anymore when I get a "refusal". I hate that rejection word it's so negative.

Here's one of my non-sellers, not as well framed.

Cool weather, lakefront scene with snow clinging to trees, clouds, and waves. Large sky area for text. Winter shoreline. Copy Space

No issues that batch accepted at AS.

Normally the skyline would be most interesting but wanted to link the recent winter storm in Madrid to the story but focusing on the snow.

True, I overdid it with the blue. :) 

4F4DE1CF-7456-4902-B42A-7E1A37937552.png

1 hour ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

No issues that batch accepted at AS.

Normally the skyline would be most interesting but wanted to link the recent winter storm in Madrid to the story but focusing on the snow.

True, I overdid it with the blue. :)

Just my opinion, which has nothing to do with right or wrong. 👍 Not about cookie cutter images either, we each have to go where our mind leads us. Hopefully we'll find a buyer that has the same vision.