So far my video sales on Shutterstock is less than 1/10 of Pond5 or Adobe Stock

3 hours ago, blvdone said:

I'm sure they are targeting me to make an example of me for criticizing Shutterstock on the forum.  All I was trying to do was to help Shutterstock.

So, I have the right to ask myself why since January 1, why I sell very little .... and everything has 10 c.
Yet I am not saying anything bad about SS ... it is even the opposite ....
It's called demagoguery or conspiracy, chronic ???
Also, how many contributors have returned home? how much?.
The real reason for the bad sales is the result of an increasing covid19, which is accelerating, and in full change, the tense situation in the USA and therefore very low morale ... But CERTAINLY NOT ANY VENGEANCE. Take a deep breath and be patient, the good weather will return, that's for sure ...😄

43 minutes ago, Jacky D said:

So, I have the right to ask myself why since January 1, why I sell very little .... and everything has 10 c.
Yet I am not saying anything bad about SS ... it is even the opposite ....
It's called demagoguery or conspiracy, chronic ???
Also, how many contributors have returned home? how much?.
The real reason for the bad sales is the result of an increasing covid19, which is accelerating, and in full change, the tense situation in the USA and therefore very low morale ... But CERTAINLY NOT ANY VENGEANCE. Take a deep breath and be patient, the good weather will return, that's for sure ...😄

If I'm not targeted by Shutterstock, I'm happy.  Adobe Stock and Pond5 sales are doing well meanwhile.  Only Shutterstock is a disaster this month.  They got to get their shit together.  Dude, you only have 24 videos.  lol.  I'm talking about video sales here.

4 hours ago, blvdone said:

If I'm not targeted by Shutterstock, I'm happy.  Adobe Stock and Pond5 sales are doing well meanwhile.  Only Shutterstock is a disaster this month.  They got to get their shit together.  Dude, you only have 24 videos.  lol.  I'm talking about video sales here.

I am also not a fan of Shutterstock's measures and attitude.
But if you indicate on your shutter page:
My stock videos are on Pond5 under blvdone (commercial) and blvdoneprime (editorials). Also on Adobe Stock under blvdone (commercial). Google it.
And your customers seem to be doing that, you shouldn't complain about that.
You can also remove the sentence and see if your sales on Shutterstock improve afterwards.😁

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I am also not a fan of Shutterstock's measures and attitude.
But if you indicate on your shutter page:
My stock videos are on Pond5 under blvdone (commercial) and blvdoneprime (editorials). Also on Adobe Stock under blvdone (commercial). Google it.
And your customers seem to be doing that, you shouldn't complain about that.
You can also remove the sentence and see if your sales on Shutterstock improve afterwards.😁

Do you think buyers actually read profile and do what it says?  I doubt it.  Maybe like 1 in 20 may do that.

I actually tried to change that profile sentence, but I couldn't.  There's some glitch.  

54 minutes ago, blvdone said:

Do you think buyers actually read profile and do what it says?  I doubt it.  Maybe like 1 in 20 may do that.

I actually tried to change that profile sentence, but I couldn't.  There's some glitch.  

No probably not. But it is funny. You want buyers to go to your other stock sites and if they do it is not good either.
I'm sure they are targeting me to make an example of me for criticizing Shutterstock on the forum.
I don't believe in that. I've said that before. Then they'll take you off the forum if they get tired of it. Just think of Geogif. Or they close your account. No problem for them either.

Video sales this month are all tiny subscription values.  Add that to the 50% reduction in commission and SS is by far my worst performer.

P5 ive sold 1 video so far this year.  And have earned 2x my SS video total.

Be a little careful about recommending other sites in your portfolio - they cancelled several accounts in June when people did exactly that.

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

No probably not. But it is funny. You want buyers to go to your other stock sites and if they do it is not good either.
I'm sure they are targeting me to make an example of me for criticizing Shutterstock on the forum.
I don't believe in that. I've said that before. Then they'll take you off the forum if they get tired of it. Just think of Geogif. Or they close your account. No problem for them either.

When things aren't going well, you tend to get this kind of thought and get paranoid.  I hope "the committee" isn't targeting me of course.

4 minutes ago, blvdone said:

But there's no such a rule on Shutterstock.  And Shutterstock doesn't allow me to change my profile description somehow.

There is.  The T&Cs allow for it and several contributors found that out in June when their accounts got cancelled.

14 hours ago, blvdone said:

Maybe their sales team was told not to recommend my clips.

As a buyer of stock footage, I can assure you that this is not how it works. Please stop it with the conspiracy theories. You are going to drive yourself insane.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:28 AM, blvdone said:

Actually I couldn't find it or how to read it. (now I did, yeah you should really change that) 

I think your estimate is way high. Maybe 1 in 200, if that many.

"So far my video sales on Shutterstock is less than 1/10 of Pond5 or Adobe Stock"

Congratulations on your success elsewhere.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:41 PM, blvdone said:

Too late.

I hope both of you are doing fine with that? 😉