• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Deb and balajisrinivasan, this will secure your pension. Congratulations!

Thank you Wilm.  It's at times like this, with these multi cent sales, that I really feel that all the time spent on photography, editing, uploading and keywording is worthwhile. In fact, I feel slightly euphoric.  I will have to go and have a drink to try to calm down 🥂

27 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you Wilm.  It's at times like this, with these multi cent sales, that I really feel that all the time spent on photography, editing, uploading and keywording is worthwhile. In fact, I feel slightly euphoric.  I will have to go and have a drink to try to calm down 🥂

Deb, of course I can understand that this stirs up endless motivation and strength in you. And I hope that you don't exaggerate your creative power!
You know that overwork and eternal striving can also be detrimental? Take care of yourself! Don't overdo it. Not even if the purchase of Versailles might slip through your fingers - it's not worth it.

Thank you @Wilm Ihlenfeld I went to Versailles once and I'd like to buy it actually.  A garden that big would be great during lockdown.

In fact, I had considered posting these earnings by resurrecting the 'Celebrations' thread.  However, after reading @Sari ONeal's post, I'm glad I held back.  She has stolen my thunder.  Who knew that one photo could earn that sort of money!

12 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Holy Guacamole! I have broken all this year's records!

I got an ODD for TWO dollars and NINETY cents! My highest priced image DL this year!

It blows last week's record maker ODD, at $1.67, right out of water!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😐

😡

Sari, that goes for you too. Please stay on the ground! Even the greatest successes in life can lead to misinterpretations. You may become careless and squander all the money at once. Talk it over calmly with your partner and your best friends. And then you can calmly come up with a concept of how you should deal with these vast sums. If you need help with this, you will find a good friend in me who can help you. I also had to deal with a sum of $2.91 for a single download this month - it came virtually out of nowhere. Many good friends helped me get over it.

5 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you @Wilm Ihlenfeld I went to Versailles once and I'd like to buy it actually.  A garden that big would be great during lockdown.

In fact, I had considered posting these earnings by resurrecting the 'Celebrations' thread.  However, after reading @Sari ONeal's post, I'm glad I held back.  She has stolen my thunder.  Who knew that one photo could earn that sort of money!

Debbie,

if Sari, you and I join forces, there's nothing to stop us buying Versailles. We could - in keeping with Corona - take a carefree stroll through the endless expanses of the interior and exterior. Let's just save up a few more cents for the ridiculous number of gardeners we need. Then it will be a great year!

6 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Sorry Deb.

I'm such a meanie.

5 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Sari, that goes for you too. Please stay on the ground! Even the greatest successes in life can lead to misinterpretations. You may become careless and squander all the money at once. Talk it over calmly with your partner and your best friends. And then you can calmly come up with a concept of how you should deal with these vast sums. If you need help with this, you will find a good friend in me who can help you. I also had to deal with a sum of $2.91 for a single download this month - it came virtually out of nowhere. Many good friends helped me get over it.

I mean, we can always buy STOCKS with these piles of money, right?

1 minute ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Debbie,

if Sari, you and I join forces, there's nothing to stop us buying Versailles. We could - in keeping with Corona - take a carefree stroll through the endless expanses of the interior and exterior. Let's just save up a few more cents for the ridiculous number of gardeners we need. Then it will be a great year!

Sure, how many DLs do you think it'll take for a plane ticket?

Also I fear they won't let me travel there... or did they ease on the restrictions yet? I haven't been keeping up lately as it seemed nobody was allowed to travel to the EU from the US anyway...

But you could always travel there, Wilm, and take some pics for us? For starters? :D

6 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Sure, how many DLs do you think it'll take for a plane ticket?

Also I fear they won't let me travel there... or did they ease on the restrictions yet? I haven't been keeping up lately as it seemed nobody was allowed to travel to the EU from the US anyway...

But you could always travel there, Wilm, and take some pics for us? For starters? :D

Oh, Sari, you talk about small things! I have - because I didn't want to brag - concealed a few more receipts. I had some great downloads - as we all know them at shutterstock these days (I'd rather keep quiet about the impressive sums now, because I don't want people to think I'm a snob). Of course, I'll let you fly in one at a time on a Learjet to Versailles. That is definitely Corona compliant!

2 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I just looked it up for you.  The cheapest return flight from your state to CDG airport I could find is $1,269.  So that's just 12, 690 10 cent downloads. 

Killjoy! Spoilsport!

A ridiculous 12,700 downloads. Ha! That we even have to discuss this!!!

Okay, I'll move the invitation to 2090.

2 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I just looked it up for you.  The cheapest return flight from your state to CDG airport I could find is $1,269.  So that's just 12, 690 10 cent downloads. 

That's it? Wow, should get there ANY time now, any time.

Let me check -

yeah, just a few more and I'm there! Yay!

3 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Oh, Sari, you talk about small things! I have - because I didn't want to brag - concealed a few more receipts. I had some great downloads - as we all know them at shutterstock these days (I'd rather keep quiet about the impressive sums now, because I don't want people to think I'm a snob). Of course, I'll let you fly in one at a time on a Learjet to Versailles. That is definitely Corona compliant!

That's so cool, thankies!

On another thought, since our prevailing winds are more or less from West, it shouldn't be that hard to get a hot air balloon, and take a little flight over the continent and the ocean. That would be so scenic! Think of the photo-ops and videos that could be captured along the way! :D

Well, it appears there are still miracles out there! Had an $80 SOD this morning, followed by a $25 SOD an hour later.

Now not quite sure whether to jump in joy or cry over the fact that those sales would have been twice that amount three weeks ago.