• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Milo J said:

That's sad, but on the other hand at least you don't need to get mad over the money you're losing on those sales. I'm furious right now, getting a lot of beautiful ODD's and even cart video sales - and making less than half of what I would have earned for them in December.

My highest of the month image sale has been upped from 44 to 46 cents, woooow......... 😐

And re: what you said about being furious about the bigger sales and what they could be -- I DID have a video sale that would have netted me at least double per the old rules, now I got a pittance. Had it been one of those penny sales it wouldn't have made any difference, but this one would have made a big difference. So there's that, too.

On top of having extraordinarily slow sales, of course.

I just reached Tier 2 and on my way to riches!

First 100 images earned me a whopping $24.25.

Compared to my first 100 images in 2020, 52.7% drop ($51.64) 

Compared to my first 100 images in 2019,  46.9% drop ($45.55)

Can't wait to report on my first 250 downloads (beginning of Tier 3)!

On my way to have a steak-lunch courtesy of SS 🤨

50 minutes ago, Kamira said:

I'm already on level 3. So far SS is a disaster. I've earned 1/3 of what I earned by this date compared to last year and 1/12 compared to 2016.

Submitting new content is a waste if time. 

Yes, earnings are miserable.

Congratulations to your new level. Well deserved, you have an amazing portfolio.

37 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Yes, earnings are miserable.

Congratulations to your new level. Well deserved, you have an amazing portfolio.

Thanks. Yes, it's getting harder and harder to find the motivation to shoot, process and keyword.

BTW ...How do you find other photographer's portfolios? There used to be links next to the contributor's name on the forum but I can no longer find them

53 minutes ago, Kamira said:

Thanks. Yes, it's getting harder and harder to find the motivation to shoot, process and keyword.

BTW ...How do you find other photographer's portfolios? There used to be links next to the contributor's name on the forum but I can no longer find them

I can see the link to your beautiful portfolio directly below your name, Kamira.

4 hours ago, chyworks said:

500 DLS and the RPD is 0.30 cent. 

😶

s904441641_Screenshot2021-01-13at12_14_51PM.png.ae3410f157d1c50f3a0a3212141881b7.png 

Congrats, Chy!

In relation to the size of your portfolio this is an excellent achievement.

Based on my figures from last year I hoped to get there till the end of the month. But right now downloads for me here at shutterstock a very low. Income as well.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:57 AM, Kamira said:

Submitting new content is a waste if time.

That's for sure. I hadn't been uploading much lately, but thought I'd throw a few up there yesterday. Entire batch rejected for focus. (Magically all good the second time around.) Then I uploaded a time lapse video, got it rejected for "frame rate / shutter speed" issues. This AI review is stupid anymore. Reminded me why I stopped uploading.