• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

On 1/7/2021 at 8:04 AM, chyworks said:

I spent two weeks to set up the store there

Thank you for sharing your experience with et.. store!🙂 I created account there but never upload anything thinking that my content would not go well there. Well, I will give it a try after your post here. Did you put all your SS content there??

41 minutes ago, okili77 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with et.. store!🙂 I created account there but never upload anything thinking that my content would not go well there. Well, I will give it a try after your post here. Did you put all your SS content there??

Hi okili7, thanks. No, I didn't put content from SS, I created something different to sell there.

I had opened a shop there a few years ago and didn't put serious thought and effort and it had zero sales after 4 months and I closed it. Last year I decided to give it another try and I am glad I did.

Hope you give it a try and  that it will work for you too. ☺️

2 hours ago, muratart said:

Sales were slow for the first 4 days but then accelerated
It is going to the 5th level with great speed ... Like January 28th

I'm not surprised. Amazing port with lots of unique images. Next time when someone asks what it takes to be pro stock photographer I will link him your port.

At my current RPD, I would have needed more than 650 downloads on shutterstock to generate the same revenue I had in those first nine and a half days on AS. And I am very far from that. That would only have been possible if Thijs had given me the idea to borrow images from Murat earlier.

The RPD at shutterstock is now by far the lowest of all agencies. Even at 123, 10% of downloads compared to shutterstock is enough for me to have over 50% of the revenue. It is a tragedy.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

At my current RPD, I would have needed more than 650 downloads on shutterstock to generate the same revenue I had in those first nine and a half days on AS. And I am very far from that. That would only have been possible if Thijs had given me the idea to borrow images from Murat earlier.

The RPD at shutterstock is now by far the lowest of all agencies. Even at 123, 10% of downloads compared to shutterstock is enough for me to have over 50% of the revenue. It is a tragedy.

Earnings in the entire month of January 2020
13  4.88  3.00 (Sub) 1.88 (OD)

Until today in January 2021 (the weekend nothing sold)
12  7.89  1.44 (Sub)  2.70 OD  3.75 (SO)

I had just started last January. Nice is that I earn more with about the same amount. Despite the fact that I now get 0.10.

Last year I photographed much less than I wanted (No sense in June 🙂. Due to Corona: No holiday to Italy, few visits to cities in the Netherlands, canceled plant market, art market, art ten days (then there will be art for ten days in the entire village), fun fair, lighting evening, etc.)
Hope to be able to photograph more this year, so that earnings will really mean something, despite the ten cents.
If I were you I would upload again Wilm. Although I can imagine that it is not motivating if the earnings are lower than in previous years.
With Murat that does not much matter, because he is very quickly at his old level.

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Earnings in the entire month of January 2020
13  4.88  3.00 (Sub) 1.88 (OD)

Until today in January 2021 (the weekend nothing sold)
12  7.89  1.44 (Sub)  2.70 OD  3.75 (SO)

I had just started last January. Nice is that I earn more with about the same amount. Despite the fact that I now get 0.10.

Last year I photographed much less than I wanted (No sense in June 🙂. Due to Corona: No holiday to Italy, few visits to cities in the Netherlands, canceled plant market, art market, art ten days (then there will be art for ten days in the entire village), fun fair, lighting evening, etc.)
Hope to be able to photograph more this year, so that earnings will really mean something, despite the ten cents.
If I were you I would upload again Wilm. Although I can imagine that it is not motivating if the earnings are lower than in previous years.
With Murat that does not much matter, because he is very quickly at his old level.

Hello Thijs,

I see a parallel between the two of us.

For the last 20 years, a couple of friends and we have decided to spend a holiday together in Tuscany. I have never been there. At the end of 2019, we finally chose and booked a beautiful house near Montalcino. Then came Corona.

We got back both the money for the flight and the deposit for the holiday home. But it's still sad. We were really looking forward to it. When that will be possible again is written in the stars. But one day I will definitely get to see beautiful Tuscany. And then the camera will be glowing!

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

10 days in and my largest image DL is 10 cents.  My lowest image DL is 10 cents.  My average image DL is 10 cents.

That's sad, but on the other hand at least you don't need to get mad over the money you're losing on those sales. I'm furious right now, getting a lot of beautiful ODD's and even cart video sales - and making less than half of what I would have earned for them in December.

12 hours ago, Milo J said:

That's sad, but on the other hand at least you don't need to get mad over the money you're losing on those sales. I'm furious right now, getting a lot of beautiful ODD's and even cart video sales - and making less than half of what I would have earned for them in December.

Its the video sales hammering me.  Images work up through the levels relatively rapidly.

But immediately losing 50% of video income is bad enough, made worse by almost all my video sales being for crazy cheap $1 or $3 on top of that.
Translates to roughly 75% down on last month.

Edit:- just did a comparison to last year and im at 25% by the same date of last years earnings.  So down hundreds.

"We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

mmm. Cleverly written ... there will always be 'greater earnings potential' when you start at the ten cents bottom.  It gives us a mountain to climb ...

Welcome to the Penny Club.

There is a choice here. 

1. Constantly upload so that you have such large numbers of images that the odds are more in your favour that a) ODs and ELs will become more common and that b) you move up the levels so that you more quickly start to receive a more decent proportion of the payment for those ..or..

2. Eat chocolate.

I know what I'm going to do 🙂

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

"We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

mmm. Cleverly written ... there will always be 'greater earnings potential' when you start at the ten cents bottom.  It gives us a mountain to climb ...

Welcome to the Penny Club.

There is a choice here. 

1. Constantly upload so that you have such large numbers of images that the odds are more in your favour that a) ODs and ELs will become more common and that b) you move up the levels so that you more quickly start to receive a more decent proportion of the payment for those ..or..

2. Eat chocolate.

I know what I'm going to do 🙂

Both   😁   (Dark chocolate only)