• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

Only two weekend days to go. So I don't expect any noticeable changes.

Concerning Revenue: Worst January ever at Shutterstock. And worst month ever, too - at Shutterstock. And as you can see from the figures at the competitor, this has nothing to do with the Corona crisis. The figures there are very constant compared with January of previous years.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-30 um 11.46.14.png

My Shutterstock revenue for this January will be 1/4 of last January's, but my Pond5 sales doubled and my Adobe Stock sales is up 40% from last January.  So, my total sales from all 3 sites is already up some from last January.  Shutterstock is going to trash.  I hope they make horrible profit and the stock price will tank to single digit from current $65.  LOL  Shutterstock management deserves the same pay cut we are having.  We are the 99%.  Fight the power!!!  We shall overcome!!!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, stevemart said:

Meanwhile...the money machine rolls on......noticed this:

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/shutterstock-printify-partnership

Yipee! Our share of $0.99 for whatever POD use (15 or 20% at the moment). I feel zoooooo artistic!

NickPic112 2021-01-28, 02_42_37.jpg

Well if you look at this, Printify could be paying 99c (in our dreams) in which case we'd get 15 cents. Or they could be on the Partner Pricing and we'll get 10 cents? But the full, we should get more. And it's paid on a per use basis. The shop doesn't get the image once and use many times. Which is better than straight downloads?

Hey someone buy a shirt with your own design and report back?

What? $24 for  T-Shirt? Oh I guess in line with others. My own shop at Pixels it would be $25.

I searched all over, maybe not hi and low, and I couldn't find out how to go order a shirt from Printify using a SHuterstock image. But I did find more pricing details:

https://printify.com/blog/supercharge-your-pod-business-with-shutterstock/#:~:text=Shutterstock is integrated seamlessly within the Printify platform.,image type, orientation, or several other filtering parameters.

But it appears that shop owners can pay for the use of a SS image, on their products, not that Printify makes and sells shirts with SS image. What I mean is, I open a shop. I look for images, I can edit them and create products. Two collections, the Essentials and the Full...

Pricing

Pricing follows a pay-as-you-sell formula per image. In short, one of the following usage fees will apply whenever a product including Shutterstock material sells.

Essentials collection

A large selection of the most popular stock images from Shutterstock for USD 0.99 per image when your product is sold.

Full collection

Over 350 million images for 17.5% of a product’s production cost (with a minimum fee of USD 1.49). So, if it costs USD 10 to create a product featuring an image from Full collection, that image would cost USD 1.75 to use.

I think I'd have to open a shop and buy a shirt and see what comes around. Not sure I'm interested in all of that? But maybe. Hey one of you wealthy level 4s and up, go make yourself a shirt and tell us what you got paid? 😉

OK opened an account, I'm designing a shirt:

image.png.1a3f54c41a2e1876b3238c8fc482e3d1.png

My January ended up quite decent, actually. Video sales were a joke, with RPD of $4.35, but image RPD was a very respectable $0.82 due to large number of ODDs and two big SODs. Not going to make myself angry by doing the math how much better this month would have been if I hadn't been stuck in the lowest levels. It is what it is. Should reach level 3 next week. Onward and upward.

On a side note, got my port up to 3,000 images and 700 video clips this month. Thinking back, all the time I've had on my hands this Covid year, I could have really gone to work and grown my port so much more. But somehow feel zapped of all creative energy.

Image sales are atrocious no doubt but a video RPD dropping from $21 to $5 instantly when video was 60% of my income is brutal.

Im not sure its worth having videos here, im undercutting myself elsewhere.

My first sale on P5 this month earned more than the entire month of January on here with video.

January ended up fine for me. Just pass level 2 on the edge...

First time I sell 100 pics in a month, even though I barely sold anything during the first 10 days. I reach the payout thanks to a SOD, making this month actually a bit better than october and november (I was level 4). So of course I would have win more money a month ago but all things consider, it is not that bad...

On 1/30/2021 at 12:49 PM, blvdone said:

My Shutterstock revenue for this January will be 1/4 of last January's, but my Pond5 sales doubled and my Adobe Stock sales is up 40% from last January.  So, my total sales from all 3 sites is already up some from last January.  Shutterstock is going to trash.  I hope they make horrible profit and the stock price will tank to single digit from current $65.  LOL  Shutterstock management deserves the same pay cut we are having.  We are the 99%.  Fight the power!!!  We shall overcome!!!

It is unfortunate but every dollar we contributors lose due to reversion to Level #1 and further goes directly to the bottom line of SS and consequently management bonuses and stock options. That is the reason is was designed as it was. Even contributors previously at level#6 still lose money because the first 25,000 dls they have in2021 will bring in less than they did before Dec 31st 2020....and everything they lose is SS's gain (and goes directly to the bottom line because it's an accounting adjustment for which they had to make neither effort nor extra expense).

24 minutes ago, stevemart said:

It is unfortunate but every dollar we contributors lose due to reversion to Level #1 and further goes directly to the bottom line of SS and consequently management bonuses and stock options. That is the reason is was designed as it was. Even contributors previously at level#6 still lose money because the first 25,000 dls they have in2021 will bring in less than they did before Dec 31st 2020....and everything they lose is SS's gain (and goes directly to the bottom line because it's an accounting adjustment for which they had to make neither effort nor extra expense).

It's almost impossible to reach level 6 (40%) for video.  Also I think there are probably less than 50 video contributors who reach level 5 (35%).  It's very difficult for a one person operation contributor to reach level5 (35%).  Video level system is very unfair compared to photo levels.I'll reach 30% level for photos in February, but probably reach 30% level in video many months later.

10 hours ago, blvdone said:

It's almost impossible to reach level 6 (40%) for video.  Also I think there are probably less than 50 video contributors who reach level 5 (35%).  It's very difficult for a one person operation contributor to reach level5 (35%).  Video level system is very unfair compared to photo levels.I'll reach 30% level for photos in February, but probably reach 30% level in video many months later.

Wasn't talking about video as I don't have any. The big factories  even if they go from level #1 to level #6 with stills in January will still lose money on those first 25K downloads compared to 2020.

8 hours ago, kuvona said:

January 2020 vs January 2021 ...

EXACTLY the SAME amount of downloads (what a strange coincinece, huh?) ...

but about 50% less in revenue, compared to last year....

I have 18% more downloads in Jan 21 compared to Jan 20 but revenue is 59% less.

I must say that Jan '20 was higher in revenue than many other months of 2020 and the revenue drop in Jan21 compared to the average month in 2020 is nearer 35%.