• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

Ahhh ... I remembered that there is Shutterstock and went to see the sales ... But this is ... I have been on stocks for twelve years and HERE IS THE RESULT! Twelve years of work, crossed out by one month ... Is the Shutter dead? Where to go for an exclusive?
21 minutes ago, muratart said:

2630 downlaod level 5 (yesterday)

I guess there is no other level until mid july

I asked SS to open a new level ...
Level 5,5 
12501 download, commission 37.5% , They said it would be very difficult to calculate ;)

Rocket launch! Congrats, Murat! Absolutely impressing - your stats!

7 minutes ago, Luisa Puccini said:

I'm jealouse! Just reached level 3 and only $62,36 😅

We are so close, Alexandre, you and I at the first 250 downloads. This shows me that the larger SODs and Enhanced have obviously become rare. 

My RPD has improved a touch since then, but is still minus 50% from before the new revenue structure. 

From my myself and others  know it seems the new level bands have been calculated in a way that higher selling contributors will reach their previous level roughly 6-7 months into the year.

It looks consistent for most people ive spoken too off here and myself included.

Thats why the banding goes insane after L5 images etc.

It gives SS half a year of increased profits off everybody vs last year.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

We are so close, Alexandre, you and I at the first 250 downloads. This shows me that the larger SODs and Enhanced have obviously become rare. 

My RPD has improved a touch since then, but is still minus 50% from before the new revenue structure. 

For me everything is going worse, compared to January 2020. Less sales, no major sales, too much 0.10 cents. I'm not sure what I will do in the near future. Maybe I will focus more on finding new customers, because it is clear that I will no longer have the income I had before with SS. I'm not even close to it.

Schermata 2021-01-26 alle 14.56.41.png

1 hour ago, Luisa Puccini said:

For me everything is going worse, compared to January 2020. Less sales, no major sales, too much 0.10 cents. I'm not sure what I will do in the near future. Maybe I will focus more on finding new customers, because it is clear that I will no longer have the income I had before with SS. I'm not even close to it.

Schermata 2021-01-26 alle 14.56.41.png

In relation to the size of your portfolio your performance still is very good, Luisa! And your RPD is above average.

50 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

In relation to the size of your portfolio your performance still is very good, Luisa! And your RPD is above average.

I was lucky to find many years ago something to shoot that was both in great demand and difficult to find. That's why my portfolio went up in the ranking. This January is really different!

'Leading stock photography company Shutterstock announced today that it has acquired TurboSquid, a digital media company that sells 3D assets, for $75 million. The move is both a talent and an IP acquisition, and it will give Shutterstock’s two million customers—which include everyone from professional creatives to so-called pro-sumers who use editing tools to develop website and social media content—access to raw materials for making images from scratch. The move suggests that the future of photography doesn’t have to involve a camera'.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90597548/shutterstock-makes-a-75-million-bet-that-the-future-of-photography-doesnt-involve-cameras

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Here's a date for the diary.  On February 11th Sstock have kindly set up a conference call for us to discuss our earnings with them:

https://investor.shutterstock.com/news-releases

🤣😁😂

Ha Ha Ha.  That's a good one.  If I actually had some SS stock I might have something to say.  But I could assure investors that I've given up a fair bit of income on their behalf.

'Investors' will be delirious about Q1 2021 figures. Every cent that we lose as a result of the level reset flows directly into the SS profit account.....by design. If 500K contributors each lose $20 on average as a result of going back to level #1...that's an extra $10 million in the profit kitty for Q1 (and for no extra expense/work). What's not to like? 🙃