Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Traudl said:

Soooo, being Level 2 doesn't affect my earnings whatsoever......

Well, in terms of higher levels you will notice some changes mainly at ODD, SOD and EL, but their frequency, at least for me, has drastically decreased. The majority will still be regular subs. It is not an extra motivating system...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Traudl said:

Soooo, being Level 2 doesn't affect my earnings whatsoever. It only means I am in a "higher class group" then poor peasants in Level 1, for my personal satisfaction? (sens the sarcasm)

As Pavel said, levels won't matter much with subs. At best, your $0.10 will turn into a $0.15 or so. Where it makes a difference is the SODs, ODDs and ELs.

For example, I got a $1.96 ODD this morning. I'm at level 2 (=20% commission level), which means the buyer paid $9.80 for this image. Which means that back in December, when I was level 5 (=35% commission), that same sale would have netted me $3.47

An even more infuriating example: I got a rare high level SOD of $80 this month. In December, I would have earned $140 on this sale. That's a $60 loss right there. 😡

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Milo J said:

As Pavel said, levels won't matter much with subs. At best, your $0.10 will turn into a $0.15 or so. Where it makes a difference is the SODs, ODDs and ELs.

For example, I got a $1.96 ODD this morning. I'm at level 2 (=20% commission level), which means the buyer paid $9.80 for this image. Which means that back in December, when I was level 5 (=35% commission), that same sale would have netted me $3.47

An even more infuriating example: I got a rare high level SOD of $80 this month. In December, I would have earned $140 on this sale. That's a $60 loss right there. 😡

Exactly. I've been getting a regular SOD on one image since June. (Dunno why but it's always without a given place but it's always near NYC on the map). From June to end December I was getting $0.60 each download (Level 4) and from Jan 1, it was $0.30. Now in Level 2 and it's $0.40. This is simply a scheme to get senior executives a big payout on their options packages at our expense. The shareholders will luv the Q1 results because all that extra profit came out of our bank accounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 4:53 AM, Former_Poster said:

Last Jan i got roughly $800 in video earnings.

This month so far im on $70.

...and i only sold 4 more last year!

I sell a lot less videos than you do, but my stats are depressing as well. January of last year, my RPD for video was $21.42, this year it's $4.75 - sure takes the enthusiasm out of wanting to invest any further effort.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paula french said:

I'm actually on a BME (downloads) sold 369 yesterday - shame they were mainly $0.10

I had been doing ok on ODD's  - while on level one - hopefully now I've hit level 3 that will continue.

Sad though as would've made £132 if all had been sold at the old rate of $0.36 - instead I got £27.10 

so, there's still hope 😉

Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milo J said:

I sell a lot less videos than you do, but my stats are depressing as well. January of last year, my RPD for video was $21.42, this year it's $4.75 - sure takes the enthusiasm out of wanting to invest any further effort.

 

 

Thats almost identical to mine, RPD of $21 has dropped to $5 this month.  (and yes, ive gone up through the levels).

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, paula french said:

I'm actually on a BME (downloads) sold 369 yesterday - shame they were mainly $0.10

I had been doing ok on ODD's  - while on level one - hopefully now I've hit level 3 that will continue.

Sad though as would've made £132 if all had been sold at the old rate of $0.36 - instead I got £27.10 

All that money went somewhere (like it wasn't vapourised)....it just wasn't to you. 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm amazed - sold a further 220 yesterday  = all from the same place -  St Pauls USA - all $0.10 but I'm now back to level 4 - so hopefully a few SOD or ODD will sell, then I'll see if I can add more to earnings.

Certainly a BME in terms of downloads.  Looks like they have downloaded EVERY photo in a certain set - hope they'll work their way through the rest!!  Even at $0.10 per download which is very very poor and disheartening- I can accept it if there are this many every day! (wishful thinking i think).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paula french said:

Well I'm amazed - sold a further 220 yesterday  = all from the same place -  St Pauls USA - all $0.10 but I'm now back to level 4 - so hopefully a few SOD or ODD will sell, then I'll see if I can add more to earnings.

Certainly a BME in terms of downloads.  Looks like they have downloaded EVERY photo in a certain set - hope they'll work their way through the rest!!  Even at $0.10 per download which is very very poor and disheartening- I can accept it if there are this many every day! (wishful thinking i think).

Hello Paula,

Your download numbers are indeed impressive. Congratulations again!

However, I would check in the coming time via reverse image search whether the images appear in another image database or on a warez site. Selling off a portfolio would make me personally a little uneasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time similar happened to me (admittedly a few years ago) i found every one of them for sale elsewhere later on.

Sometimes its legit though but sometimes not.  Keep an eye on them, easily dont if any of them hadnt sold at all or only a few times previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Former_Poster said:

Last time similar happened to me (admittedly a few years ago) i found every one of them for sale elsewhere later on.

Sometimes its legit though but sometimes not.  Keep an eye on them, easily dont if any of them hadnt sold at all or only a few times previously.

How can it be legit???

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, paula french said:

I'm actually on a BME (downloads) sold 369 yesterday - shame they were mainly $0.10

I had been doing ok on ODD's  - while on level one - hopefully now I've hit level 3 that will continue.

Sad though as would've made £132 if all had been sold at the old rate of $0.36 - instead I got £27.10 

Congratulations! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, paula french said:

Well I'm amazed - sold a further 220 yesterday  = all from the same place -  St Pauls USA - all $0.10 but I'm now back to level 4 - so hopefully a few SOD or ODD will sell, then I'll see if I can add more to earnings.

Certainly a BME in terms of downloads.  Looks like they have downloaded EVERY photo in a certain set - hope they'll work their way through the rest!!  Even at $0.10 per download which is very very poor and disheartening- I can accept it if there are this many every day! (wishful thinking i think).

Congrats Paula, fantastic figures!

I had 21 downloads from one buyer (in Clifton, USA) on the 20th Jan. I've never had so many sales to one buyer before so am a little wary. Just posting here for first time as coincidentally my sales were also all wildlife. I'll keep watch as Wilm Ihlenfeld suggests above.

I'm envious of your beautiful portfolio.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hello Paula,

Your download numbers are indeed impressive. Congratulations again!

However, I would check in the coming time via reverse image search whether the images appear in another image database or on a warez site. Selling off a portfolio would make me personally a little uneasy.

Thanks for the advice - I will certainly try that in a couple of weeks - there were lots of 1st time sales - so it shouldn't be too difficult to find them.  If they had all been downloaded in China / India I may've thought of that (sorry if that offends anyone).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...