Hiya fellow contributors :)

I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you.

For my year-to-date sales, what I have done is utilize a powerful arithmetic calculation machine to perform high volume calculations on the sales from each of my stock portfolios. From here, I amalgamated the results of these calculations and performed further mathematical operations to determine the sum total of all sales across my portfolios.

The final result of these complex calculation processes are as follows:

$0.00

Now before anyone gets too excited, in particular new and novice contributors who may see rivers of pristine gold flowing from the micro-stock industry, I must warn you that this kind of serious income does not come without a commitment to persistent hard work, diligence and dedication coupled with high-level creative expertise and technical skill to produce superior quality digital content.  

Please feel free to share your results for the month of January as we all look forward to a prosperous year in micro-stock.  

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My small success story to share with fellow contributors here. At the end of October last year, I decided to open an online shop on et- si* and I guess you know why I need to do this since SS

Judging by the number of downloads this month I am hoping to reach Level 2 by the time I am 103.

Hiya fellow contributors I hope everyone is doing well and celebrating the windfalls from your micro-stock sales and the personal wealth and prosperity it brings you. For my year-to-date sa

Posted Images

I looked it up, Steven. The 1st of January of a year has varied for me from one to 11 downloads since 2011.
I have only had one download twice. In 2017 I got $0.38. Let's see what happens this year. So far it looks like the screenshot.

However, the first of January is no indication of the impact of the new revenue structure.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-01 um 22.00.03.png

For me, it’s been zero downloads so far. But then again my port is on the small side, and I do need to get some shots of the of the Boston area (even if it’s “just for editorial” - they sell too y’know. I know, maybe not as much as commercial, but....) that are under represented on Shutterstock. Plus the usual “getting unique stuff (not just specific to Boston/New England) up that  are good commercial photos"

Seriously distressing! Since June I've had a SOD for $0.60 on this BP meter shot that is 'placeless' but appears near NYC on my map. On one day, I had 25X $0.60 and still get regular $0.60 dls. Today....download from approximately the same spot (unidentified but looks like NYC again) but now I get $0.30. Thinking of deleting it just to p*ss someone off! Will first wait to see whether those $0.60 SODs really have become $0.30 SODs! Client pays the same but I now get 1/6th. 

NickPic111 2021-01-03, 02_20_17.jpg

15 hours ago, stevemart said:

Seriously distressing! Since June I've had a SOD for $0.60 on this BP meter shot that is 'placeless' but appears near NYC on my map. On one day, I had 25X $0.60 and still get regular $0.60 dls. Today....download from approximately the same spot (unidentified but looks like NYC again) but now I get $0.30. Thinking of deleting it just to p*ss someone off! Will first wait to see whether those $0.60 SODs really have become $0.30 SODs! Client pays the same but I now get 1/6th. 

NickPic111 2021-01-03, 02_20_17.jpg

Is that because of your percentage going back down to 15% with the reversion to Level 1?

17 hours ago, stevemart said:

No big mystery there, unfortunately. Level 1 pays 15%, which is half of what level 4 pays (I think you were level 4?). So yes, those SOD's will be at $0.30 until you get to the next level. Deleting a well-selling pic won't help you get there, although I totally agree that it is infuriating to see. But we all knew this day was coming. 😞

On 1/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, Sari ONeal said:

98 DLs till next level....... oooooooooooooo

Well I feel good, I'm way ahead, only 97 left for me. 😉

Lets see Friday was New Years Day, Saturday is what it is and now it's Sunday. Weekend, holiday and people are all despondent and making up, level 1 rumors, after 2 days? (not you, just overall) Three day vacation on a weekend.

4 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

Well I feel good, I'm way ahead, only 97 left for me. 😉

Lets see Friday was New Years Day, Saturday is what it is and now it's Sunday. Weekend, holiday and people are all despondent and making up, level 1 rumors, after 2 days? (not you, just overall) Three day vacation on a weekend.

Whoah Pete, my post was on FRIDAY....LOL

I've knocked some off since ;):P

9 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Whoah Pete, my post was on FRIDAY....LOL

I've knocked some off since ;):P

Me too, Monday is a new day. So I'll guess you are ahead of me in our little race to the top. (Unlike the agency side, race to the bottom?) 😁

My comment was in general, some people are all down in the dumps because they didn't have their stock horse take off out of the gate, running, when it's a holiday and a weekend. Like the how's your month so far threads that start on the 7th? I'm happy to wait until the 30th and then start crying and moaning about how terrible things are.