Hurray! We have sold our first video of 2021 with earnings of 50 cents.

The most ridiculous thing ever just have happened and old contributors are set back to Level 1. The biggest hit in the face ever.

Everyone at Shutterstock should be ashamed of themselves.

Even though large selling contributors will come back to acceptable level soon, this is wrong in so many ways.

2020-12-29 12_26_14-Window.jpg

5 hours ago, Stanislav Duben said:

The most "funny" of this, is review quality, where they call for high quality and reject content for ridiculous reasons. They pay us for trash, but they expecting high quality. I think they will get what they pay for. I mostly upload an only mobile snapshot, because that's what is worth for it to get 0,1 $

I could not agree more and have been thinking the same.

They refuse videos on any sign of noise, even from new Mavic Air 2, which has very clean 4k. 

They expect us to buy cinema grade cameras and sell footage for 50 cents at the same time.

On 1/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, Creative Family said:

They refuse videos on any sign of noise, even from new Mavic Air 2, which has very clean 4k. 

MA2 has pretty bad compression artefacts that can be mistaken for noise on 4K (low bit rate).

You'll generally need to run it through Neat Video or similar to clean it up before acceptable for stock.

(but 50c videos wont even pay for neat video!)

What certainly doesn't help is whatever AI algorithm they use for noise, it fails completely where fog or cloud is involved (and foliage).  Thats been clear for a while on photos and video.