No sales so far in 2021...is this due to me being reverted to Level 1?

Hi,

December 2020 was not too bad for sales for me. Maybe I'm being paranoid, now that SS have gone with this stupid Level reset (I was Level 4)
as of this evening on the 1st Jan I have now sales. Maybe its because its a holiday, but I'm thinking maybe this is the shape of things to come
now the levels are being reset.

Any views?

thanks

Nick

1 hour ago, Nick Beer said:

Hi,

December 2020 was not too bad for sales for me. Maybe I'm being paranoid, now that SS have gone with this stupid Level reset (I was Level 4)
as of this evening on the 1st Jan I have now sales. Maybe its because its a holiday, but I'm thinking maybe this is the shape of things to come
now the levels are being reset.

Any views?

thanks

Nick

I was on level 4 as well (now brilliantly and quickly ramped my way up to level 1!) and did not sell anything in 2021. However it's January first, buyers are still recovering from yesterday night's huge parties (irony intended). Also, weekend is coming. So I'd set aside conspiracy theories and wouldn't expect any huge movement until next week.

Only one dl for me today, didn't expect much though to be fair. January has never been a good month for me so it might take some time to move to level 2, especially with a holiday and weekend right at the start! Hopefully things will pick up as we move on, though I doubt I'll ever make it back to level 5 😕

11 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

Same here - no sales so far.
But I think, yes, it might be the combination of holiday and weekend... 

Its the quietest period of the whole year, every year.

A week where over half the planet isn't in work for most of it to buy anything and then public new year holidays that even more of the world follow.

...then this year add on the fact its a weekend too.

It'll get to "normal" from Monday.

5 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

My first sale this year !!  My  rough woodlouse (Porcellio scaber) sold for 0.10 🙂

Congrats!

AS for the OP, I agree that it’s more likely the time of the year. If New Year’s Day had been a Monday, people would have been back to work by now (excepting those that work in, say, retail whose shops are open, work in healthcare, etc - those jobs that don’t stop just for a weekend). I’d assume that buyers pay the same rates they did before the change.

4 minutes ago, Adam Gladstone said:

Congrats!

AS for the OP, I agree that it’s more likely the time of the year. If New Year’s Day had been a Monday, people would have been back to work by now (excepting those that work in, say, retail whose shops are open, work in healthcare, etc - those jobs that don’t stop just for a weekend). I’d assume that buyers pay the same rates they did before the change.

Thanks. Yes I did not expect anything else. 

On 1/2/2021 at 5:15 AM, Linda Bestwick said:

Only one dl for me today, didn't expect much though to be fair. January has never been a good month for me so it might take some time to move to level 2, especially with a holiday and weekend right at the start! Hopefully things will pick up as we move on, though I doubt I'll ever make it back to level 5 😕

So what about the people who claims that who gets regular downloads would go onto Level 2 or 3 within January?

1 hour ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

So what about the people who claims that who gets regular downloads would go onto Level 2 or 3 within January?

What about them? There will be plenty of people who reach level 2 or even 3 in January. Going by past years I'll be in level 2 before the end of January, just nearer the end than the beginning. And lots of people earn way more than me, I know some of them. So level 3 in January is not impossible either. Unfortunately most people on the forum these days don't earn much, so it gives a distorted view of what is good or bad regarding number of downloads and subsequent earnings.

1 hour ago, DaLiu said:

Since when On Demand are 0,10? Is this a mistake or it is normal for level 1?

image.thumb.png.8fd5e67daf9e7dec63fb3f5d59c8f644.png

I suspect it may be for one of the free images, although I would have expected them to come in as subs.  I don't think it's normal for level 1 but then who knows what 'normal' is for Sstock payments. I've never received a ten cents O/D.

Low amount of sales has absolutely nothing to do with the level reset. Just think it through for one moment: SS benefits greatly right now, selling images for the same price while they have to pay us less. So why on earth would they stifle sales?

It's the end of the holidays, plus a weekend. Things will start to get rolling again come Monday, but keep in mind that the economy is still crap, and the world's focus is still on Covid.