about social distance

3 minutes ago, Fixazh said:

I have noticed that 'New earnings structure for Contributors' actually changes the social status of Contributors.

From business partner status to employee status. How did you take this transformation?

We are not employees and never were. We are independent artists who use the platform to make our works available to buyers. We are not partners in any sense of the word, we are individuals who supply content, SS does the marketing and we get the percentage of a license fee. I don't feel transformed in any way.

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

We are not employees and never were. We are independent artists who use the platform to make our works available to buyers. We are not partners in any sense of the word, we are individuals who supply content, SS does the marketing and we get the percentage of a license fee. I don't feel transformed in any way.

Totally agree. But............
I do feel more distance than when I started in 2019.
Not only because of the announcement of our pay cut, but also, for example, because of the disappearance of the admins, the lack of interest about the stolen photos, etc.
That has resulted in me also uploading at Alamy and AS. No more feeling like (as Trump would say 😉 ) Let's make Shutterstock great.

9 hours ago, Fixazh said:

I have noticed that 'New earnings structure for Contributors' actually changes the social status of Contributors.

From business partner status to employee status. How did you take this transformation?

You can live here if you do your job well,
I only earned $ 5000 less than last year because of the pandemic so the sales policy did not affect me at all.

I repeat ... Shutterstock I love you and very much thank you

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year 

I end with a great music

1 hour ago, muratart said:

I only earned $ 5000 less than last year because of the pandemic so the sales policy did not affect me at all.

Never viewed your photos. Beautiful and so many. Can imagine they sell well. You can also say Shutterstock must love you. 

14 minutes ago, Tim photo-video said:

What do you dislike about my comment, from what fright did you become personal?

You are a great photographer, we expect good comments from you, no need to be angry
Mr. Great photographer, now I will follow your comments, maybe I will learn something

Can you teach me what "collage" means

23 minutes ago, muratart said:

You are a great photographer, we expect good comments from you, no need to be angry
Mr. Great photographer, now I will follow your comments, maybe I will learn something

Can you teach me what "collage" means

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage

Are you saying that you publish images taken in one shot?

I see you have any personal complaints about me?
And why are you angry? Well I'm an amateur photographer who took my first amateur camera this year.
You say that you are happy with sales and life, but angry as a dog, can you have a lot of bile?
You should cool down, we just now have -40 Celsius, come and see what you are standing.

And all because of my answer. 😕
In my opinion, collage is the putting together of all kinds of elements from different images. If it happens through photos, the collage remains also a photo.
I see that photos have been edited. Sometimes perhaps with elements from other photos, but then it is not a collage, although there is nothing wrong with that.
I think it's great when the photos don't give a kitschy impression. Although taste differs, of course. And the photos turn out to sell well. And that's what Shutterstock is all about.

5 minutes ago, Tim photo-video said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage

Are you saying that you publish images taken in one shot?

I see you have any personal complaints about me?
And why are you angry? Well I'm an amateur photographer who took my first amateur camera this year.
You say that you are happy with sales and life, but angry as a dog, can you have a lot of bile?
You should cool down, we just now have -40 Celsius, come and see what you are standing.

No other answer to you! If you talked without swearing, I would continue to talk to you but you're not of that quality

Bye Mr. Great Photographer

5 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Maybe I don’t understand something? But photography is a snapshot. When several objects are taken and combined, with the addition of graphics, this is a different genre.
Someone says it's bad?
But somehow it is necessary to distinguish the images collected together from the snapshot in one frame.
If a person drew a realistic portrait, posted it as a photograph on shutterstock, will he also say that it is a photograph? It's not even clear what it is for, or sales depend on it?

The question is that a person without brakes switched to personalities, even if I am mistaken how to call such creativity. This is not the correct approach.

32 minutes ago, Tim photo-video said:

Maybe I don’t understand something? But photography is a snapshot. When several objects are taken and combined, with the addition of graphics, this is a different genre.
Someone says it's bad?
But somehow it is necessary to distinguish the images collected together from the snapshot in one frame.
If a person drew a realistic portrait, posted it as a photograph on shutterstock, will he also say that it is a photograph? It's not even clear what it is for, or sales depend on it?

The question is that a person without brakes switched to personalities, even if I am mistaken how to call such creativity. This is not the correct approach.

Not all his photos have elements added. As a result, I did not understand your first comment. I thought it was unnecessary.
Sometimes I also remove disturbing elements from my photos, but then it is still a photo. 
With this discussion we are messing up Fixazh's question about social distance🙁

4 hours ago, muratart said:

I repeat ... Shutterstock I love you and very much thank you

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year 

I end with a great music

You have an impressive portfolio indeed. And a very large one at that.
I wouldn't call the images that are not pure photos collages.  I would use the term photomontage or composite. CGI would also be a possible term from my point of view. Whereas the photos on which this is based are brilliant. It's perfect stock imagery.

May I ask if you have reached level 6?

13 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

The lifetime payment and agreed upon amount look like a partnership.

Percentage of sales depending on the level of sales and the subsequent zeroing of the result looks like an incentive for the employee (not a good incentive).

Formally, nothing has changed. Yes)

14 minutes ago, Fixazh said:

Percentage of sales depending on the level of sales and the subsequent zeroing of the result looks like an incentive for the employee (not a good incentive).

I don't see it that way. I don't know any employee whose salary is dramatically reduced at the beginning of the year. We are also not partners, but capital.

Now if people would only use their brains as well as their cameras, they wouldn't have had any problems figuring out that Tim was talking about composites when he said collages as opposed to straight photography. Collages is a term used in the art world other than photography. Composites is a term used in the photography world, but it is all semantics really. 

The first "collages" in photography were made in the mid19th century by hand (obviously) by a guy named Oscar Rejlander, Shortly after that, it was made famous by Henry Robinson. Since they were done by hand, one piece of paper combined with another piece of paper, they were technically Collages, but they called them composites or photomontage. If anybody really wants to know what it is, look up Man Ray or the German Dada movement.

but like I said, it's all semantics

3 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

Now if people would only use their brains as well as their cameras, they wouldn't have had any problems figuring out that Tim was talking about composites when he said collages as opposed to straight photography. Collages is a term used in the art world other than photography. Composites is a term used in the photography world, but it is all semantics really. 

The first "collages" in photography were made in the mid19th century by hand (obviously) by a guy named Oscar Rejlander, Shortly after that, it was made famous by Henry Robinson. Since they were done by hand, one piece of paper combined with another piece of paper, they were technically Collages, but they called them composites or photomontage. If anybody really wants to know what it is, look up Man Ray or the German Dada movement.

but like I said, it's all semantics

It's not even semantics, it's language: I don't see anything from @muratart that looks like a collage

Composite (as in photographic or artistic)

When photographers say “composite” – they refer to an image that was constructed from two or more different photos. Most composites these days are done by layering images one on top of one another and then masking out the unwanted pieces using different methods.

collage

1. a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric on to a backing.
    • the art of making collages.
    • a combination or collection of various things.

16 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Totally agree. But............
I do feel more distance than when I started in 2019.
Not only because of the announcement of our pay cut, but also, for example, because of the disappearance of the admins, the lack of interest about the stolen photos, etc.
That has resulted in me also uploading at Alamy and AS. No more feeling like (as Trump would say 😉 ) Let's make Shutterstock great.

And now back to friendly conversation instead of attacks?

Market Your Art on Shutter Stock aka MyAss LOL

Yeah the new movement, make Shutterstock great again? Wouldn't that be extreme irony.

4 hours ago, Fixazh said:

I hate to be disagreeable but there was no promise of lifetime, it's a contract. Contracts change, especially for "contract" workers. 😉 Sometimes up more often down. You keep saying partners, while we aren't even the hired help. We are independent artists. That's it. Agencies offer a TOS/Contract, where we can take that or leave it. I don't see open negotiations going on.

Changing the incentive, you will need to show me one agency that Has Not changed the level, jewels, incentives, percentages, or whatever else, including taking away things like ELs, or changing the artist contract, or changing how our images are allowed to be used, all sizes now all one price and re-sale through anonymous partners... for less!. In fact all of them did that before ShutterStock, except the new changes still coming on from others.

I still don't know why just about everyone has such a short term memory? Like claiming SS started this and the never ending angry hateful messages. Maybe for the new year I'll do what I've avoided and list the dates and term changes from everyone else, that led up to SS joining them? I've had people encourage me to "do that!" 😀

Times change, contracts change, suppliers re-negotiate contracts, based on their product needs and values. If the demand for stock images was up and the supply was down, we could demand more pay. Instead the supply is endless and no matter how much people claim the market is endless, there's only so much need and demand for specific types and content. Therefore, our market is over supplied and there's no shortage. Artists will get paid less.

There are some things that aren't just going to make much money with a low demand. Selling sand in the Sahara, selling snow in the Arctic, selling field rocks in the glacier regions, and selling common subjects that can be photographed anywhere in the world... on Microstock.

You are right, I'm not happy with the change, but it's all legal and normal.

23 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

It's not even semantics, it's language: I don't see anything from @muratart that looks like a collage

Composite (as in photographic or artistic)

When photographers say “composite” – they refer to an image that was constructed from two or more different photos. Most composites these days are done by layering images one on top of one another and then masking out the unwanted pieces using different methods.

collage

1. a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric on to a backing.
    • the art of making collages.
    • a combination or collection of various things.

Maybe I didn't explain it clear enough