Galleries typically take between 40 to 50 percent from the sale of artworks. Retail markup average is about 50%.

59 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

At least for a cheesehead like me 

Wisconsin won more awards than any other state or country at the 2020 World Championship Cheese Contest with 122 medals.

100% of the limburger made in the US is from Wisconsin.

I should be photographing cheese or cows, or a cheese factory?

Rudy is  a Dutchman. And that are cheeseheads (kaaskoppen)  https://www.google.nl/search?q=kaaskoppen&tbm=isch

My nephew is a cheese carrier in Alkmaar: https://www.google.nl/search?q=kaasdrager+alkmaar&tbm=isch   I would have liked to photograph this year. But because of the Corona .......

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Istock take 85%

Nevertheless, I think you should include "cheese" as a keyword for every shot of the moon.

You are being very rude.  You floated a proposition on a public forum to see if other contrtibutors think it is a good idea or not. Instead, you want to supress anyone who doesn't share your view.   I

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

No, all the way from FL and you're a Green Bay Packer fan?

Or did you mean the real thing?

51 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Rudy is  a Dutchman. And that are cheeseheads (kaaskoppen) 

That's right! The Original Cheesehead!

Nothing like that fake Wisconsin cheesy chewing gum stuff! (Just kidding!!!! my brother lives in Williams Bay- on the other side of Lake Geneva)

2 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

I'll remember that. Is that detail part of your training video?

Absolutely.  I devote a 30-minute chapter just to the subject of cheese.  Anyone who isn't submitting cheese footage on a regular basis doesn't know squat about how to make money in stock.  This shot of a cheese wheel that looks kind of like the full moon is one of my best sellers.  https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-2544833-giant-piece-cheese-sometimes-called-"moon"-glides

6 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Rudy is  a Dutchman. And that are cheeseheads (kaaskoppen)  https://www.google.nl/search?q=kaaskoppen&tbm=isch

My nephew is a cheese carrier in Alkmaar: https://www.google.nl/search?q=kaasdrager+alkmaar&tbm=isch   I would have liked to photograph this year. But because of the Corona .......

Oh that kind. 😁

6 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

That's right! The Original Cheesehead!

Nothing like that fake Wisconsin cheesy chewing gum stuff! (Just kidding!!!! my brother lives in Williams Bay- on the other side of Lake Geneva)

Well oddly enough I live in Belgium, which is 6 miles South of Holland, at least locally? Belgium was supposed to be named Luxembourg, but there was a clerical error when registering the name of the post office.

You might guess what nationality settled much of this area. The Luxembourg American Cultural Society & Center is located there and we don't have a Christmas parade, it's a St. Nicholas parade first weekend in December.

As far back as roots go, my family, we don't know much but one theory is, Flanders. Someone is doing research again, maybe we'll find something new, or accurate, this time. Grandpa Klinger listed his occupation on the papers entering the country as Tinker. It fits? The grandfather on the other side, the Italians, was a Tailor. We still have cousins over there.

No one with money in our ancestors except all those people from Nigeria who keep dying off? 😉

3 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

Well oddly enough I live in Belgium, which is 6 miles South of Holland, at least locally? Belgium was supposed to be named Luxembourg, but there was a clerical error when registering the name of the post office.

You might guess what nationality settled much of this area. The Luxembourg American Cultural Society & Center is located there and we don't have a Christmas parade, it's a St. Nicholas parade first weekend in December.

As far back as roots go, my family, we don't know much but one theory is, Flanders. Someone is doing research again, maybe we'll find something new, or accurate, this time. Grandpa Klinger listed his occupation on the papers entering the country as Tinker. It fits? The grandfather on the other side, the Italians, was a Tailor. We still have cousins over there.

No one with money in our ancestors except all those people from Nigeria who keep dying off? 😉

That's interesting. Let me know the outcome.

If you happen to have Belgium/Dutch (Flanders/Vlaanderen) blood, I can teach you some dirty words ... :)

17 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

That's interesting. Let me know the outcome.

If you happen to have Belgium/Dutch (Flanders/Vlaanderen) blood, I can teach you some dirty words ... :)

Oh that's useful when I go to the Cultural Center I can sound authentic. I don't even swear in English. 👍