Thank you @Milleflore Images You lured me out of my hovel with this cheerful thread.  I have lost the ability to post on the forum via my phone now anyway, have to log onto my PC.

Happy holidays everyone.  I'm in complete lockdown over Christmas as I live in the South East of England where the ultra scary rampant mutant new virus strain is now resident and quickly multiplying.

Stay safe everyone, be good and be well.

1 hour ago, PlopandShoot said:

Thanks, I think... lol

:)

Yes it is tongue in cheek, over the time that I have read your threads, you remind me of my best buddy. He was born in Manitoba immigrated to Oz in the 60's last century. He was a gifted geologist(2 degrees up his sleeve), very loyal to his workers, specially in the bush. He worked as a sideline as the state rep for Sea Shepard's, over time he had collected more money in W.A. for their fight to protect the whales than the rest of Australia put together. I hope your book keeps you busy, maybe a book on political cartoons when things get quiet. Regards Fred.

5 minutes ago, anne-tipodees said:

Yes it is tongue in cheek, over the time that I have read your threads, you remind me of my best buddy. He was born in Manitoba immigrated to Oz in the 60's last century. He was a gifted geologist(2 degrees up his sleeve), very loyal to his workers, specially in the bush. He worked as a sideline as the state rep for Sea Shepard's, over time he had collected more money in W.A. for their fight to protect the whales than the rest of Australia put together. I hope your book keeps you busy, maybe a book on political cartoons when things get quiet. Regards Fred.

Ahh okay. Makes more sense now, specially since you called me a Blue Noser, which is a slang term for someone from Nova Scotia (where I am originally from). And anyone who helps save whales is A1 in my book. 

And thank you, 2 fiction books down with one more left in the series. But I am taking a detour into sci-fi for now, along with a zombie-ish one, although given the state of the world now, its more of a documentary so far. :)

love the username.

Cheer, Terry

7 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

lol

Yes, the whole situation here is very 'Peanuts', isn't it?

My point isn't really about ShutterStock, but Microstock. We all know now, after years and past experience, what's going to happen. We'll have some new agency say, "we're going to be different" and in the end, they pull the same tricks. We have experienced all kinds of ways that established agencies have created to pay us less, after people work hard to build up a collection or make a higher level. The commission reset in January is just a new variation on the theme.

The Sun will rise tomorrow (or the horizon will drop actually?) and some other agency will find a new way to make more profit from the images that people have worked to create. There is a never ending reduction in what we make, from everyone who can find a new way to make more and pay us less. Perfectly natural and business as usual.

Every since the first hunter gatherer, pecked some figures into the oxidized surface of some rocks or painted a crude image on a cave wall, artists have been the expressive minds that looked into the future, or recorded images that spoke to others, while at the same time they were underpaid and under appreciated, in their own times, for what they created.

Why should anyone with digital tools expect to be any different?