6 minutes ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Also cute how they eliminated extended license commissions 2 years ago 

Oh FFS they really did THAT too?! I wasn't aware of that! I was exclusive with them and left exclusivity after they removed upload bonuses. Thanks to some decisions made by Shutterstock, some contributors started to believe DT are some kind of angelic beings. Personally I've been treated like crap many times in their forum which I stopped posting many years ago also. 😂

Dreamstime was never a highlight. I've been there for 10 years now. And have just brought it to a good 3000 downloads. That makes an average of less than 1 download per day.

The only plus that speaks for dreamstime is the RPD. But even that has deteriorated in recent times. It is hardly worthwhile to be active there anymore.

18 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

I really love this initiative. But I whish there was regular downloads like it is here.

image.thumb.png.e37912b7168cec5fd7a23ad004713860.png

10% of nothing is still nothing, but heck, nice Feel Good move? (Nice gestures or feel good doesn't buy me anything at the store)

18 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Also cute how they eliminated extended license commissions 2 years ago 

I hadn't noticed, but that's because I never got an EL there. 😀

Still I upload there, because it's one of the top four Microstock agencies, for still images. I don't upload to any others, myself. Personally, in order, SS, AS, make money. While IS and DT flip back and forth at the bottom of the group, like a dying fish on land. What I mean is, there are really only two!

On 12/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, KeremGogus said:

Oh FFS they really did THAT too?! I wasn't aware of that! I was exclusive with them and left exclusivity after they removed upload bonuses. Thanks to some decisions made by Shutterstock, some contributors started to believe DT are some kind of angelic beings. Personally I've been treated like crap many times in their forum which I stopped posting many years ago also. 😂

The worst thing is their 100 dollar limit for payment. If you want to close and delete they refuse to pay out. It's things like that remind me what a terrible business this is.Thanks for referring to them.

2 minutes ago, lonndubh said:

The worst thing is their 100 dollar limit for payment. If you want to close and delete they refuse to pay out. It's things like that remind me what a terrible business this is.Thanks for referring to them.

I agree with you on those comments. I assume the terrible business part meant all of Microstock?

2 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

I agree with you on those comments. I assume the terrible business part meant all of Microstock?

No not all, but most of it.I have just made another ten cent sale at SS and each one convinces me not to upload any more material here. The less our work is valued the more reason photographers should have for not uploading. It is different of course if you are earning your living from it. That is why I recently said the best advice to young photographers is not to do Microstock. You didn't like the comment but I think they can learn good composition techniques etc elsewhere doing different work that doesn't earn ten cent a download.

2 minutes ago, lonndubh said:

No not all, but most of it.I have just made another ten cent sale at SS and each one convinces me not to upload any more material here. The less our work is valued the more reason photographers should have for not uploading. It is different of course if you are earning your living from it. That is why I recently said the best advice to young photographers is not to do Microstock. You didn't like the comment but I think they can learn good composition techniques etc elsewhere doing different work that doesn't earn ten cent a download.

Oh no, the best advise, I agree, don't do Microstock, at least don't expected to be paid what your work is worth. I wouldn't disagree at all. Where did I say I didn't like that specific comment? From time to time the same question comes up, if you were asked what would you say to someone thinking of getting involved in Microstock. My answer is Don't! And I mean anything and all of Microstock.

Also I just got a .00012 credit somewhere else and a sale for 4 cents there, (which happens nearly every month) but for some reason, after years of that, everyone seems to have forgotten and now ShutterStock is the evil agency. Who will be next to wear that crown which seems to be passed around. While my account was closed for years, another agency issued me a 2 cent credit. Wow, and I only need $99.98 more before I can collect?

Nothing is what it seemed to be, when most of us started. Contracts changed and so did the times.

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

Oh no, the best advise, I agree, don't do Microstock, at least don't expected to be paid what your work is worth. I wouldn't disagree at all. Where did I say I didn't like that specific comment?

Lonndubh confused you with Steve.

That thread Steve started is a good thread and was started before the $0.10 disaster. Either way, it is a good thread to encourage people. 

I think that LonnDubh doesn't know what these forums were (and should be) all about before all this recent bitching started about the obvious and what everybody already knows and realizes

13 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

Lonndubh confused you with Steve.

That thread Steve started is a good thread and was started before the $0.10 disaster. Either way, it is a good thread to encourage people. 

I think that LonnDubh doesn't know what these forums were (and should be) all about before all this recent bitching started about the obvious and what everybody already knows and realizes

I fully understand what the forums are for and I didn't confuse anyone with anyone else. I have learned one or two useful things in various threads and I don't doubt the use of some of the threads but I was simply making the point that young photographers should start elsewhere in photography.