Curious is anyone that successful on here that they can sell over 25,000 images in a year? It has taken me since 2017 to reach 1571 sales in total.
I retired last week and will have time to branch out with other photography. Oviously we will need content that goes viral or was that covid lol.

Level 6  Over 25,000  40%
https://submit.shutterstock.com/payouts

haha, not me - when I saw the announcement this morning it left a nasty taste although I knew it was coming. To me it will not make a whole lot of difference but those on L4, 5 etc it must be a kick in the guts. It really is a slimy move by SS and totally unjustified no matter how much they try to sugar coat it by pretending fairness for all. Shame on you SS

4 hours ago, Merrillie Redden said:
Curious is anyone that successful on here that they can sell over 25,000 images in a year? It has taken me since 2017 to reach 1571 sales in total.
I retired last week and will have time to branch out with other photography. Oviously we will need content that goes viral or was that covid lol.

Level 6  Over 25,000  40%
https://submit.shutterstock.com/payouts

Yes, they will and there are such contributors. Having 50K, 100K and way over of images. Having 50K and over up to 100K and more of clips. They will. In a very short time. That is pure reality.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:04 AM, Philip Armitage said:

haha, not me - when I saw the announcement this morning it left a nasty taste although I knew it was coming. To me it will not make a whole lot of difference but those on L4, 5 etc it must be a kick in the guts. It really is a slimy move by SS and totally unjustified no matter how much they try to sugar coat it by pretending fairness for all. Shame on you SS

Even on lvl 4,5 you have most sells for 0,1$, exceptions of higher sells are so rarely, that higher percentage si not significat, as cutting all other mass sells to 0,1$. Before change Shutterstock was no. 1 of income, now iStock/Getty and Adobe are much better to income, even total amount of sells are lower. I am selling rather there and here I will send new content only as crap that worth for 0,1$ to create.