Critique required for my portfolio

6 images and one week.  As Sari stated you need far more images than you currently have and the images you've uploaded aren't really what potential buyers are looking for.  Stock photography exists to provide commercial establishments, individual and bloggers images that will help sell their products, location or ideas.  There are other reasons but the majority of stock image sales are for promotion of some kind.  If your images don't lend themselves to doing that, image sales will be minimal no matter how many you upload.

Don't believe Shutterstock's Advertising, not just any old image on your hard drive is going to sell.  If your images can't compete in both quality and "usefulness"  (commercial value) you will  be very disappointed.  Learn what sells and become a knowledgeable photographer and sales will come.  Good Luck!

You might start seeing weekly sales once you have 500-600 high quality photos online.

You need to take photos that are useful to the buyers. Look in magazines, on web sites, in corporate reports, on book covers, etc, to see what types of photos sell.

You also need many relevant keywords. Your football field photos look like they might be your most marketable (with the vertical orientation they may be useful as book covers?), but they may never sell because you don't have good descriptions and enough keywords. There are over 5100 pages that come up when you search "football field", how are you going to help the buyers find yours? Not with a poor description and only 10 keywords, several of which aren't really helpful.

For example, take your photo:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/football-field-goal-post-on-clear-1873008112

If it were mine, I would use a description something like "Low angle view of an empty football field on a bright sunny day. View is at ground level at the 10 yard line, looking down the field towards the opposite goal post. Room for text in the blue sky above."

For keywords, some additional keywords that might apply include: sport, game, competition, team, yard, line, league, american, usa, nfl, recreation, lawn, turf, artificial, 10, goal, low angle, vertical, empty

and probably a few more (I put in american and usa because soccer is called football in some countries, and you want to indicate your photo is for american football, not soccer).

7 hours ago, Doug McLean said:

You might start seeing weekly sales once you have 500-600 high quality photos online.

You need to take photos that are useful to the buyers. Look in magazines, on web sites, in corporate reports, on book covers, etc, to see what types of photos sell.

You also need many relevant keywords. Your football field photos look like they might be your most marketable (with the vertical orientation they may be useful as book covers?), but they may never sell because you don't have good descriptions and enough keywords. There are over 5100 pages that come up when you search "football field", how are you going to help the buyers find yours? Not with a poor description and only 10 keywords, several of which aren't really helpful.

For example, take your photo:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/football-field-goal-post-on-clear-1873008112

If it were mine, I would use a description something like "Low angle view of an empty football field on a bright sunny day. View is at ground level at the 10 yard line, looking down the field towards the opposite goal post. Room for text in the blue sky above."

For keywords, some additional keywords that might apply include: sport, game, competition, team, yard, line, league, american, usa, nfl, recreation, lawn, turf, artificial, 10, goal, low angle, vertical, empty

and probably a few more (I put in american and usa because soccer is called football in some countries, and you want to indicate your photo is for american football, not soccer).

Just asking your opinion, is ave. 7 DL's/month too low (300+ images in port)?

I focus lately on construction/equipment related subjects but I'm honestly not sure if this is the right track for me 🤔

2 hours ago, McOwenLevi said:

I focus lately on construction/equipment related subjects but I'm honestly not sure if this is the right track for me

Hi McOwen. You’re a really good photogtapher - but in my view - as a designer - most of your motifs are cut too close, they are very near to the frame so it’s very hard to use them in the design. It’s not a photo competition but a tool for the media.

20 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Hi McOwen. You’re a really good photogtapher - but in my view - as a designer - most of your motifs are cut too close, they are very near to the frame so it’s very hard to use them in the design. It’s not a photo competition but a tool for the media.

Hello Oleschwander, thanks for the comment.

The reason behind the close up shots is I worry about my image being rejected (copyright). Example, the condenser coils if fully shown I might get copyright issue. 

Anyways, maybe I could try on some other subjects where copyright isn't a problem.  I'll try wider shots next time and see if it would sell better than to the close-up ones.