Another Portfolio requesting your opinions topic :)

Hello, i am new here. I want to start with a little bit of history telling.

I like to go hiking and shot photos [maybe I could call them snapshots :))]. I have a DSLR since 12 years ago. I know since then about microstock photgraphy but i never thought that the quality of pictures i took could qualify for such thing. With this covid stuff and all our free time in our homes we received, after 10+ years of not entering this site, i took a peek at what kind of photos are uploading the contributors. There is a ton of waayyyyyy better photos than mine but still there are more that imho are of a lower quality. So i said, why not. Let me upload my stuff here, on Adobe and on istock. On adobe stock i have more files accepted like 30% more and on istock they accepted what here was not accepted, but i wasn't serious on uploading there yet. As my photography is a hobby, i upload what i shot i do not struggle into getting in trending topics. So, i want to ask some of you, some small impressions about my portfolio. I still have tons of images to upload, but the process of selecting all of them, retouching and keywording takes way too much time, so maybe next year in summer i will be finished uploading all my stuff. Plus after that i will have to upload all my drone videos i took. I hope i am not boring the users of this forum with this opinion request, but by listening advises from people who perform better, everyone can improve its skills. Thank you :)

Nice work and snapshots are good when you have an eye and see something, then shoot it. Everything isn't planned or staged in advance. I do some of both, catch what you can, when you can? 👍

You might want to add locations to some of your more distinctive images. I know a woods is a woods, but the stone circle, just has a name? Where is it? Images that have specific locations and names, you should include that, because if a buyer is searching, they will find your images. Someone who doesn't care, will be looking for other keywords. The specifics of where and what will enhance your ability to be seen by buyers.

thank you all for taking your time to look at it and write your impression :)

@Benedek Alpar: yes, i always have Circ. Polarisation filter when shooting outdoors. Even if it's shady outside.

@HodagMedia: i have some locations written, but to lakes/dams etc. But i will take your advice in consideration and i will locate the most iconic forest photos :)

13 hours ago, Alexandru V said:

@Benedek Alpar: hey i see now in your portfolio that your photos including brand names are accepted. How did you manage to do that? I've seen that at Adobe you have to tick editorial content. How's on shutterstock? BTW Romania here, i guess u figured it out :)

Yes, i realised it 😂

Use SS guidelines to upload editorials, all the best !

6 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

When you're not hiking, I would suggest to add Romanian people!

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/romania%2C+people?editorial=1&image_type=photo

How should i do that? if there are several people in the photo, model releases are not needed anymore?

Sorry but i focused on uploading what i have, afterwards i will read the rules, organize my catalog etc. i didn't got the time for that yet. That;s why i am asking those dumb questions.

10 minutes ago, Alexandru V said:

How should i do that? if there are several people in the photo, model releases are not needed anymore?

Sorry but i focused on uploading what i have, afterwards i will read the rules, organize my catalog etc. i didn't got the time for that yet. That;s why i am asking those dumb questions.

You can upload photos with recognizable people or property as editorial if you don't have property releases.