December sales - take two

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know what happened to the generic milestone thread, but I just came across this on my dashboard: What are the chances of arriving at such a perfectly even number (in fact, the sale tha

Milo, it is interesting that we have nearly the same number of downloads but look at the difference in dollar volume.  Wow. That's a 26x higher return per download.  I don't think anything could bette

Since the original one got deleted by accident... My December is going okay, no spectacular single sales, but a steady flow of regular stuff coming in. SS is again well ahead of AS.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Benedek Alpar said:

On AS this month my earnings are exactly 2X what i earned here, number of dl's are okay but mainly subs selling, last mont SS surprised me ,was best month of the year and guess what? BS beated Dt so far  this month :D

I wish my sales anyplace else were 2X what I make here. SS is still my top earning site. But I keep feeding AS and hoping to get enough images, which are the ones that SS doesn't take, to balance out the earnings on both. AS doesn't take Editorial News which is 85% of my SS collection.

I'll guess I'm in a little different situation than people who can have the same, everywhere and anywhere. Most of what's here is only here. Most of what I have and sell on AS is not on SS.

I'm kind of happy that I can spread things out by agency and type of image, and not compete with myself. Not that I'm sure that our buyers actually shop around between agencies, I don't have that potential situation for most of my images.

Different things, even where there is an overlap, sell on different sites.

Don't know what happened to the generic milestone thread, but I just came across this on my dashboard:

1540647620_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_28_01PM.png.aa7d6ac5a69e4fe4325884d3e77ac93b.png

What are the chances of arriving at such a perfectly even number (in fact, the sale that made it happen was for $1.02!)

Anyway, I got a smile out of it, so thought I'd share.

11 hours ago, Milo J said:

Don't know what happened to the generic milestone thread, but I just came across this on my dashboard:

1540647620_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_28_01PM.png.aa7d6ac5a69e4fe4325884d3e77ac93b.png

What are the chances of arriving at such a perfectly even number (in fact, the sale that made it happen was for $1.02!)

Congratulations!

6 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

Milo, it is interesting that we have nearly the same number of downloads but look at the difference in dollar volume.  Wow. That's a 26x higher return per download.  I don't think anything could better illustrate how much more profitable it is to put one's energy into footage.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.54.34 PM.png

Congratulations! Wow!

14 hours ago, Milo J said:

Nice Numbers 😎

10 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

Milo, it is interesting that we have nearly the same number of downloads but look at the difference in dollar volume.  Wow. That's a 26x higher return per download.  I don't think anything could better illustrate how much more profitable it is to put one's energy into footage.

Even nicer numbers. 👍

Plus mostly photos followed by mostly video.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, Doug Jensen said:

In all fairness, you've also been doing this for a lot longer.

But yes, video for sure sells at higher prices. But I enjoy taking photos. Gotta have some fun in this life.  🙂

4 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

I was comparing the income from 5000 downloads to 5000 downloads.  How long either one of us has been doing stock is irrelevant in that metric.

It matters because return per download was generally higher in the "good old days", for both stills and video. Lots more EL's to be had too, before they changed the license terms. It was also much easier to establish a photo on page one of search results back then, whereas now the same image gets buried immediately.