Help me sharpen my "focus" - is this not in focus?

18 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

Amazing, that's what it looked like before I applied sharpening! :)

It looks like it was a very "soft" image that you tried to "fix" with oversharpening.

Sharpening adds contrast to edges, if those edges weren't there then it isn't going to do you any favors. You can't create detail that isn't there.

Keep in the sweetspot of your lens (avoid shooting wide open or stopped down too much) and get it sharp in camera. You can't fix this much in post.

@Brian Kapp
Brian, the people who tell you this was in focus, didn't click on the image to see it in full size, but made their assumptions based on the small image shown in the thread.

I am afraid that in full size there is absolutely nothing in this image that is even close to being in focus and I am a bit surprised you are not able to see this yourself.

Untitled-1.jpg

@
Svarun Impossible to tell from the small size version you posted.

15 hours ago, Firn said:

@Brian Kapp
Brian, the people who tell you this was in focus, didn't click on the image to see it in full size, but made their assumptions based on the small image shown in the thread.

I am afraid that in full size there is absolutely nothing in this image that is even close to being in focus and I am a bit surprised you are not able to see this yourself.

Untitled-1.jpg

@
Svarun Impossible to tell from the small size version you posted.

I see that, thank you. (What I put on the thread is the full size version).