Has the Daily Mail stolen my pic?

So yesterday I asked DM to provide me with evidence that they purchased it from SS, either screenshot of download page or some sort of order number (with price and personal info blurred out if they wished).

I checked the app a couple of times this morning, the second time I saw that the offending image had just been downloaded as a SOD.

Literally around 10 minutes later this email from DM drops into my inbox.

"As discussed previously, this is a dispute between you and a third party at this stage.

We respectfully note that the image has been published and so is available on our pages, with Shutterstock credited as the source."

Now I have no way of knowing who purchased this SOD but it does seem very convenient for them to cover themselves. Also in all of their correspondence they never said that they've purchased a licence from SS. 

47 minutes ago, Travers Lewis said:

So yesterday I asked DM to provide me with evidence that they purchased it from SS, either screenshot of download page or some sort of order number (with price and personal info blurred out if they wished).

I checked the app a couple of times this morning, the second time I saw that the offending image had just been downloaded as a SOD.

Literally around 10 minutes later this email drops into my inbox.

"As discussed previously, this is a dispute between you and a third party at this stage.

We respectfully note that the image has been published and so is available on our pages, with Shutterstock credited as the source."

Now I have no way of knowing who purchased this SOD but it does seem very convenient for them to cover themselves. Also in all of their correspondence they never said that they've purchased a licence from SS. 

Mail arent going to have got hold of it without paying for it.  Possibly they contacted SS who panicked and did that.

Remember its not just the DM - its on several different sites.  They didnt all steal it from SS.  The problem almost certainly lies with SS.

....and now that SOD has appeared you have no way to ever again check that image has been bought when you find it...

1 hour ago, Travers Lewis said:

Literally around 10 minutes later this email drops into my inbox.

I think I've read about that reaction before a couple of times. SS it-systems can't be trustworthy - it must be a 'technical flaw' since they couldn't spot it in the system - are the systems outdated? And how many 'flaws' are there per day? 🥴. It could be interesting to persue the issue and still demand a proof from DM - but - alas - for what purpose ...? But credit to you Travers for not giving up! 👏