• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess they don't want us searching for greener pastures   My latest two accepted as book covers.  Kindly share your successes outside SS. 

My latest few accepted at Arcangel  

Filomena came bearing gifts. Latest four accepted potential book covers at Arcangel. New opportunities can't come soon enough as it's pretty much game over at micros at <30cent RPI/downlo

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Can anyone recommend a Europe based art site similar to Fine Art America?

I'm on FAA with only a very small port, but haven't made any sales.

I'd quite like somewhere to try to sell my Arcangel rejections 😞

Thanks.

This is a good overview but not only European though:

https://expertphotography.com/how-to-sell-photography-prints/

26 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

This is a good overview but not only European though:

https://expertphotography.com/how-to-sell-photography-prints/

Thanks Ole.  That's really helpful.

Society 6 is mentioned there and has been mentioned before on the forums.  I couldn't remember the name.

I will look into it and the others.  I'm a bit too lazy to use any site other than something like FAA which does everything for you.

By the way @geogifkindly emailed with this link.  Oddly although the name of the site is English, that language doesn't appear to be available on the site itself.  Might be useful to someone who reads this though:

https://www.ohmyprints.com/de

5 hours ago, oleschwander said:

What is FAA doing that the others don’t ..?

Some of the other sites are just to sell the image and then you do the framing, sending etc yourself.

FAA not only does the gallery, selling, framing and posting but also has lots of different products available like cards, cushions, bed covers, face masks etc.  It's a brilliant site if you can sell on it but (as the article you linked to tells) has a huge number of contributors.

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Some of the other sites are just to sell the image and then you do the framing, sending etc yourself.

FAA not only does the gallery, selling, framing and posting but also has lots of different products available like cards, cushions, bed covers, face masks etc.  It's a brilliant site if you can sell on it but (as the article you linked to tells) has a huge number of contributors.

I think they all do the same as FAA … 👍

Just had my first sale on Wirestock.

I've only got two images on there for which I've designated 'Instant Pay' and I received $3.82 for one. 

I have been reticent to go to for IP as then your images are out there on the free sites.

However, for unsold images, it's starting to look appealing, especially in light of how rubbish my earnings are at Sstock nowadays.

Food for thought.